Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage GT race organizer review (Murilee Martin - Autoweek.com)

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage GT race organizer review (Murilee Martin - Autoweek.com)

Name:  ####mirage-autoweek.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  56.5 KB

When I read the title of the review, I thought, "OMG! Mitsu is actually doing a spec Mirage race series!!!"

Wrong!

The race organizer in question is one of the officials of the 24 Hours of LeMons. And he also writes for a bunch of automotive sites & publications. So he got to review a Mirage.

It's a solid review, starting off with the proclamation that...
    "the Mirage is yet more evidence that we are living in the Golden Age of Cheapo Econoboxes."
    And he takes his fellow reviewers to task for freaking out over the 2014 model. The ones who "seemed to feel that tumbling down a spiral staircase inside a 55-gallon drum full of fire ants would be preferable to even being seen with a Mirage."

Also: some excellent photos in his photo gallery. Some of the nicest pics of the GT I've seen so far.

Overall he gets this car:

Very cheap, very good warranty, Point A to Point B. ... Don't bother with the GT or even the SE; you don't need shiny wheels or Bluetooth or a CVT. Get the ES with 5-speed and an old-school AUX cable for your smartphone.
    Read the review:

http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi...ganizer-review

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Basic (09-16-2016),davidricardo86 (09-28-2016),Eggman (09-16-2016),wellswebdesign (09-16-2016)