Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Niagara Falls!

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Should be able to name your price here.
    A Mitsubishi dealer in Toronto has 3 of them and has dropped the price to $8998 CDN plus taxes. All in around $10,167CDN. That is about $7500US all in.

$10k all in is a great price.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,571 Times in 1,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhaw View Post
    A Mitsubishi dealer in Toronto has 3 of them and has dropped the price to $8998 CDN plus taxes. All in around $10,167CDN. That is about $7500US all in.
    Be tough to beat that!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I wish I hadn't canceled my test drive on Saturday. I decided to drive up there today(Sunday) and look at the mirage. There was a nice little burnt orange fully loaded SE in the front row. I got a good look at it and it is a beautiful little car. As the store was closed I walked all around and looked at the 2015's that are still left. Manual transmission cars.

For sure, I will keep my eyes peeled on this forum and the web to track reviews of the 2017 model. Hopefully the rear axle issue is no more. If that turns out to be the case, I'm sure I will be buying one before long. I really like the look of the car and can easily see why you guys are enthusiasts.
    I personally don't give a darn about fuel economy as I'm about 8 miles from the reservation and tax free gas. The car rides better than my Fusion and has more comfortable seating posture. This car was purchased for the warranty, primarily on cost, as my son may end up driving it. My wife will drive it if it doesn't happen. I'm surprised there are 2015s left, they went fast here, though the dealer I bought through had all autos.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A steal even if you have to drive for a warranty repair. If there weren't potential issues I'd go buy one of them and drive it back for that price! If they 0% it it's an absolute steal as it's thousands less than mostly anything.

$7500 usd for a car that will probably last 200k? Dang.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=MetroMPG;52587]$10k all in is a great price.[/QUOTE

Yeah, I emailed them to make sure there's no mistake. They have two prices on the page. The main heading has the $8998 price but in the text of the ad they mention $10998 as the clearance price. At the $8998 price, it does make me want to consider brushing up on standard driving. I hated it when I did it, but that was just over 30 years ago. Likely it's a dream compared to the old junk GM truck with 3 on the Tree standard setup.

http://www.erinmillsmitsubishi.ca/in...d-a6590035914a

Actually, I just found another Toronto dealer with the same price for a new 2015, and the auction text does reflect this price to a degree: (the pictures are of a grey car, that's my favorite car color!)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
    Last edited by kevhaw; 11-07-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That $8998 price tag is something that Mitsubishi has had on their base Mirage for a long time. They want to have the recognition of having the least expensive car in Canada, in competition with the Micra. Also very few people don't like Airconditioning, and power windows so I imagine of the lot, they probably don't sell much of the cheapest version here. It's just for the bragging rights.

Side note, the car really isn't that loud. Admittedly, the engine can be loud on hard acceleration (which you should try to avoid anyways) but there honestly isn't much wind noise. My 2008 Sentra at highway speeds was waaaaaaay louder. As is pretty much any pre 2000 vehicle.

Also, you are supposed to use 0w20 engine oil, which is very thin and makes the car louder. Thicker engine oil actually quiets the car down. I was thinking of switching between 0w20 and 5w20 for winter and summer respectively, but people on the forums can tell me if thats a good idea or not.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    That $8998 price tag is something that Mitsubishi has had on their base Mirage for a long time. They want to have the recognition of having the least expensive car in Canada, in competition with the Micra. Also very few people don't like Airconditioning, and power windows so I imagine of the lot, they probably don't sell much of the cheapest version here. It's just for the bragging rights.

Side note, the car really isn't that loud. Admittedly, the engine can be loud on hard acceleration (which you should try to avoid anyways) but there honestly isn't much wind noise. My 2008 Sentra at highway speeds was waaaaaaay louder. As is pretty much any pre 2000 vehicle.

Also, you are supposed to use 0w20 engine oil, which is very thin and makes the car louder. Thicker engine oil actually quiets the car down. I was thinking of switching between 0w20 and 5w20 for winter and summer respectively, but people on the forums can tell me if thats a good idea or not.
    The price I mentioned includes freight and dealer admin. Just the licensing and tax is extra. You save a couple grand there.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    I bought a new 2017 a month or so ago.
    I had a 2014 which I traded in. The 2014 did not get louder over the 70,000 km I drove it nor did it have any new issues pop up. Buying a new one was a no brainer for me.
    The 2017 is in fact an improvement in ride quality, pep, engine noise, and appearance.
    Sadly though, as the window sticker suggests fuel economy has suffered noticeably.
    In the '14 I was able to achieve 500 to 560 km on a tank of fuel in normal driving. (I like to set my cruise at 110 km/hr) With the new '17 I've been running it almost dry to squeeze 500 km out of a tank driving the same way on the same route.
    I'm not entirely happy with the loss of economy for the improvements made but I still love this car.
    How does it handle on the road? Does it drive straight or does it pull to the side?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 2,134 Posts
    Get quotes from your dealers. Be sure to include all expenses & taxes for a fair comparison. Don't forget to get details on the first year bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage. Seems like a good opportunity here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)