Thread: Hello from the city of champions

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello from the city of champions

Hey. I am BostonJellyBean.
    Just took purchase on my certified pre owned 2015 Mitsubishi mirage. Not sure what trim but I got leather steering wheel / shift and lots of buttons on my steering wheel .
    Metallic black. 33K miles. Cvt. Probably paid too much but it's my 1st car on time.
    Got out of a retired Ford crown Vic police interceptor.
    Loving the Mirage. I was sceptical about the Cvt. .. But after 5 days of operating in Boston traffic.. I love it.. So ya. Hi

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Interceptor to Mirage! Gutsy move, Maverick.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got an ES trim. Fun to park. You also get Hill Start Assist - it holds the brakes for a bit until you step on the gas pedal to get going.

Lots of helpful folks here - let us know if you have any questions.

P.S.: And be sure to get your alignment checked ASAP. The rear axles tend to have alignment problems, and they are not adjustable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you.
    The cvpi served its purpose.... Plus it had intimidation factor.
    However.... The mirage intrigued me.
    So I got an ES huh? I'll tell ya while the Bluetooth is weird everyone I've spoken to on it says it's amazingly clear.
    They even pick up the road noise lol.
    Where do I get the alignment checked? The old tires on it showed no sign of uneven wear.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Welcome!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    Where do I get the alignment checked? The old tires on it showed no sign of uneven wear.
    Ask your dealer for this.

33,000 miles? Those tires could have been a replacement set. These cars were originally sold new with Dunlop Enasaves. Their best performance feature is fuel economy.

Other members have found that alignment problems caused early wear to these tires - that's how the alignment problem was discovered. If it was discovered through the first year of ownership, the dealer could replace the axle. After that warranty expires, dealers have been reluctant to make the replacement. It is my understanding the first-year warranty allows for this type of work so the dealer can get paid.

1. Get an alignment check. Refer to this thread (it's long): Rear Wheel Misaligned?
    2. If it is out of spec, review your warranty coverage with your dealer and hopefully, it can be dealt with.
    3. It it is within spec, then enjoy your car! (but consider getting a third-party alignment report for peace of mind )

I read this forum for months before buying one. Other members here report few other problems - that is, the rear axle alignment seems to be the one commonly occurring fault, so don't let this give you the wrong impression.

Other fun things about this car:
    1. The Hands-Free bluetooth interface is fun. Try using voice commands to make calls and play music. Look for a USB port in your glovebox - fill a thumb drive with your favorite music.
    2. The Hill Start Assist will hold for only a few seconds - not necessarily until you step on the gas. For some dopey reason, only the CVTs got this, not the 5-speeds (I sure wish I got this on mine... lucky you.)
    3. You should have cruise control - ESs came with this. A member here shared how he got his working on a DE and documented his work. You should also have fog lights.
    4. Momentarily bump your turn signal stalk for three blinks of the turn signals. It takes practice, but I soon learned this little tidbit and now use it almost exclusively.
    5. These cars, with the right tires fully inflated, along with a few other eco-driving methods and techniques, returns fantastic fuel economy without hybrid complication.
    6. Automatic Stability Control (traction control) controls wheel slip by adjusting both power and brakes. Other members here say it works great (I haven't tried mine yet.)
    7. Read through the manual. I found a brief entry describing what is essentially a black-box recorder feature that captures various vehicle parameters just before some event like an accident. This can be retrieved and used as evidence, though I haven't heard anyone using this.
    8. Hopefully others can chime in with their favorite features.

These are simple, honest cars that don't pretend to be something else, but they sure have a lot of nifty little features.

Now it's time for you to make a garage entry.

Garage empty: add car
    There you can keep track of your Mirage - sort of a little blog. Upload some pictures.

The forum also has a Fuel Economy log - every page has a link to this at the top. Browse it and see how your fuel economy compares with others. There are a couple members who *average* fuel economy numbers in the mid-60s mpg and better.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (12-15-2016),MetroMPG (11-25-2016)

Welcome, Boston!

That must be quite the adjustment going from the big RWD beast to the Mirage.

I agree the CVT is more interesting to drive than a conventional automatic transmission, provided you value quiet operation at cruise, and best possible MPG. You'll enjoy it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (12-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So far so good, and Metro your eco page is quite interesting