Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest pet peeve of the Mirage? (Annoyances)

Seat comfort is so subjective... I mean, outside of something like this.

Name:  TM-Torture_chair.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  94.0 KB

But I found the ability to adjust the seat cushion made a big difference. Enough so that I'd either modify a 4-way stock seat (add padding for more thigh support) or get a 6-way seat from a wrecked car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-19-2020),Fummins (12-18-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    1. Insane part prices
    2. Shady dealerships
    3. JATCO CVT7

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Seat comfort is so subjective... I mean, outside of something like this.

But I found the ability to adjust the seat cushion made a big difference. Enough so that I'd either modify a 4-way stock seat (add padding for more thigh support) or get a 6-way seat from a wrecked car.
    You guys have some sensitive tooshies. Now I understand back support but what the heck is thigh support?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    1. Insane part prices
    2. Shady dealerships
    3. JATCO CVT7
    Next car purchase, go Toyota or Honda, but even then research the model/year. More parts, aftermarket suppliers. Bigger dealership network in US. You pay more, but whats the old adage? I feel your pain, I remember being that age just starting out, expensive unexpected car repairs are brutal. I honestly think the Mirage is pretty decent, and I hope you can make yours last!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-19-2020),dragon2knight (12-19-2020),Fummins (12-19-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Next car purchase, go Toyota or Honda, but even then research the model/year. More parts, aftermarket suppliers. Bigger dealership network in US. You pay more, but whats the old adage? I feel your pain, I remember being that age just starting out, expensive unexpected car repairs are brutal. I honestly think the Mirage is pretty decent, and I hope you can make yours last!
    I do my best adhering to my carfax maintenance app with both ours. I schvitz a lot about the potential issues of these cars but all in all they have both been fine. The 2014 is @ 75k miles and the G4 is @ 50k miles roughly. My next look will be Mazda! No CVTs, made in Japan, cheaper than Toyota used, and a big aftermarket. I like the Mazda3 wagon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I do my best adhering to my carfax maintenance app with both ours. I schvitz a lot about the potential issues of these cars but all in all they have both been fine. The 2014 is @ 75k miles and the G4 is @ 50k miles roughly. My next look will be Mazda! No CVTs, made in Japan, cheaper than Toyota used, and a big aftermarket. I like the Mazda3 wagon.
    I've never owned a Mazda, but I like the look of some of the newer stuff. Skyactive engine tech is ingenious, too. Test drove a Yaris, which was a Mazda 2 and liked it a lot. But got my G4 for 1/2 the price of the Yaris, so there's that!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I've never owned a Mazda, but I like the look of some of the newer stuff. Skyactive engine tech is ingenious, too. Test drove a Yaris, which was a Mazda 2 and liked it a lot. But got my G4 for 1/2 the price of the Yaris, so there's that!
    I drive my wife's G4 whenever I have a choice.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    See I don't like where they do these partnerships... If I'm paying for Toyota it better be a Toyota not a Mazda 2 with the Toyota badge swapped on it...

But Dirk I agree: Mazda is much cheaper than Toyota and a lot of them do have a much better aftermarket
    For parts... And some of the old wagons were pretty cool looking.

Plus Dirk with this Mazda skyactiv direct injected engine, as AtomicPunk pointed out: they don't have too many problems and it is pretty ingenious what they do... They were talking about skyactiv X which was a spark or electric controlled ignition? Very cool stuff.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    See I don't like where they do these partnerships... If I'm paying for Toyota it better be a Toyota not a Mazda 2 with the Toyota badge swapped on it...
    I liked it better when Toyota was making vehicles for companies like GM. The former Geo/Chevy Prizm (Corolla) & Pontiac Vibe (Matrix) were great cars, & consumers could take advantage of Chevy dealerships being everywhere. There are 25 Chevy dealerships that are closer to where I live than the nearest Toyota, Honda, or Mitsubishi dealership. For many, dealership location makes a big difference.

I am not a fan of Toyota having other companies make their vehicles either.

I don't think of Mazda vehicles as being cheaper that Toyotas, but that may depend on what you are comparing. A RAV4 & CX-5 aren't price that differently at some trim levels. If you compare a RAV4 to a CX-3 or CX-30, then the Mazda may appear cheaper. It's hard to compare apples to apples these days. When comparing these type of vehicles, you need to be fair, too. It wouldn't be fair to compare a FWD model to an AWD model & claim one is way cheaper than other without pointing out the big difference.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-19-2020 at 11:07 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-19-2020),MirageRally (12-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, personally for me it just turns me away because I don't know if that Mazda made Yaris will actually hold up to a Toyota in theory... That's a pretty big chance they're taking putting their badge on something else and saying that it'll last just as long as their other cars.... What about the Supra? isn't it a BMW? Again not to wrap on them or anything... I understand that's how car companies survive nowadays... they don't want to spend billions of dollars to make a new car and instead can collab with other manufacturers to make a new car and it cuts a lot of cost...

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles