Thread: Fuel filler door issues

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Fuel filler door issues

Kind of minor in the scheme of things, but for the 4th time since I got the car in 11/16, the release for the fuel filler door will not work. Each time it seems to be a simple fix and the mechanics tell me it just slipped off something. But 4 times? I know it is minor, but anyone have an issue with this? I carry a rubber tipped screwdriver to pry it open and it pops right open.

Thanks for any info.

Don

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Kind of minor in the scheme of things, but for the 4th time since I got the car in 11/16, the release for the fuel filler door will not work. Each time it seems to be a simple fix and the mechanics tell me it just slipped off something. But 4 times? I know it is minor, but anyone have an issue with this? I carry a rubber tipped screwdriver to pry it open and it pops right open.

Thanks for any info.

Don
    I think it's easy to pull too hard on the fuel door release. Gentle pressure is all that's needest

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    Each time it seems to be a simple fix and the mechanics tell me it just slipped off something.
    Hey Don, can you post some pictures of this? I wonder what the door looks like from the inside (if it's somehow deformed) and the cable-operated latch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Sounds like the mechanic is lazy and doesn't want to fix it properly. I've never seen that happen yet. I have seen ice build up around the release handle and have it freeze down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I will be careful in pulling on the release. I don't think I am too rough, but maybe I am. When I take it to the dealer to repair, I will report on the fix. Thanks for letting me know that this is something likely unique to my car and not a "global" problem. If after 9 months that is my only problem, I am certainly pleased with my G4.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I guess I'm lucky - I don't need to open my fuel filler door often.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-21-2017)

Eggman: HA!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)