Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1197

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Feeling less lazy today:

- 7005 Kia Rios sold in Q1
    - 30 Hyundai Accents ????

Holy crap... did Hyundai cancel the Accent??? Ha. I probably already knew this and forgot.
    Hyundai does not list a 2023 Accent on their website, but Kia offers their sedan & hatchback Rio.

Shopping Mitsubishi vs Nissan will be like comparing Hyundai & Kia products eventually.

I haven't kept track of Hyundai/Kia small cars either. I had to check their websites to find out.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    On a side note. Went up to the Chattanooga / really the state line between GA & TN in the Chattanooga area last weekend. There was Mirages everywhere (compared to where I live). My son and I were pointing them out left and right.
    Same here, although I see a lot in Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Marietta, etc. I'm surprised you don't see a lot in Peachtree City. What I haven't hardly seen is the new Nissan Outlander or the Eclipse Cross.

Shake-up in Canada

The Q1 sales figures never appeared on Mitsu Canada's PR website:

https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/releases/

So I emailed the media contact person I'd been in touch with a few years ago and got an auto reply that she's no longer with the company and to mail someone else. Strangely, her contact info is still on the company's "Contact Us" page.

Anyway, I mailed the new guy & will update Canadian sales if/when I hear back.

I know everybody's waiting with baited breath to find out if they managed to move more than 200 cars so far this year or not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-27-2023),mohammad (04-28-2023),Top_Fuel (04-27-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    ...I emailed...got an auto reply that she's no longer with the company...
    That's normally how I find out that someone I work with has been "separated" from the company. I've been "separated" a few times myself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-28-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Q1 sales figures never appeared on Mitsu Canada's PR website:

https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/releases/

So I emailed the media contact person I'd been in touch with a few years ago and got an auto reply that she's no longer with the company and to mail someone else. Strangely, her contact info is still on the company's "Contact Us" page.

Anyway, I mailed the new guy & will update Canadian sales if/when I hear back.

I know everybody's waiting with baited breath to find out if they managed to move more than 200 cars so far this year or not.
    Any update yet sir?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (05-07-2023)

Nope, not a peep! And no updates at all to the company's Canadian news releases since January. Very odd.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nope, not a peep! And no updates at all to the company's Canadian news releases since January. Very odd.
    My guy I talk with a couple times/year tells me they sold all their 2023 allotment of Mirages in a week. That's why my plan to sell my 2017 and go new is on hold. They got 8 in one shot. He also says there's no word on getting any more for the year. WTF is Mitsubishi doing? There's a good demand for Mirages, they could load the dealers, and worst case offer EOY rebates and sales if needed.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (05-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    My guy I talk with a couple times/year tells me they sold all their 2023 allotment of Mirages in a week. That's why my plan to sell my 2017 and go new is on hold. They got 8 in one shot. He also says there's no word on getting any more for the year. WTF is Mitsubishi doing? There's a good demand for Mirages, they could load the dealers, and worst case offer EOY rebates and sales if needed.
    White Bear has 239 new Mitsubishi vehicles (0 Mirages & 3 G4s). Do those numbers reflect small cars selling like hotcakes or lack of inventory?

This is a dealership that was selling Mirage ES manuals for $7,500-9,500 brand new (depending on my rebates you qualified for) years ago. Even as late as April/May 2021, you could have still bought one for under $11,000. Even at those low prices, their inventory of small cars was quite high!

Why does the majority of our vehicle choices today have to be gas guzzling large vehicles or electric ones?

Things seem really out of whack these days, & it goes way beyond cars.

People who make the big decisions are not impacted by them. Corporate leaders like Ford, GM, Mitsubishi or whoever can't see the need for affordable, economy vehicles?

I sense they would rather sell more expensive vehicles (both new ones & used ones). Those who can't afford those can buy/use the worn out stuff they don't want.

Customers are partly to blame, too. The younger generation expects a lot of extra features on today's cars. It's really important to them. The size of the dash screen is more important than the power train for some. It's just the way things are today! Makes me feel like a dinosaur!

I am not impressed with today's auto industry, and I really don't want to give them any more of my money than I have, too! The average vehicle age on the road keeps climbing at a very slow rate (12.2 years).

I somewhat think of my 2011 Forester as being an older vehicle these days, but it's just the average age on today's roads in the States.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-07-2023 at 08:18 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (05-08-2023)

I had to wait 7 months for mine (a year ago). Looks like they still have great difficulty making them...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    …There's a good demand for Mirages, they could load the dealers, and worst case offer EOY rebates and sales if needed.
    Just for clarification, EOY stands for End of Year correct? Otherwise, what is it?