Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    And the reason for that is the price. A $750 rebate is not enough to motivate people to buy them. The car is just priced too high to help it get any interest. If Mitsubishi ends up going away in the next few years I will not be surprised. The first new product that they have in a few years and they totally botch the launch by pricing it as if it is a class leading car, which it is not. The only thing they have to compete with right now is price, and they are not doing it.
    It's just not competitive enough and I agree it's overpriced without the giant rebates. As much as I love my Mirage, for a 2014 model car it's shockingly unrefined. With the new Chevy Spark out, I suspect Mitsubishi is going to have a very tough time pushing the Mirage off dealer lots. Mitsubishi basically took a crudely engineered car designed for countries accustomed to small cheap cars and tried injecting them into the US market, which demands more substantial vehicles. I haven't driven the new Spark, but I have no doubt it is a much more refined vehicle. For about the same money, of course people would rather have a Spark if this is the case.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to palebeachbum For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (08-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A fully loaded sedan should be a 16 thousand dollar car not including rebates. I love my Mirage but I bought it because I like cheap little cars. I would not have paid sticker price and I like the car. Most people would get into it and not like it because it feels so cheap and the only way to motivate those people to buy is because it has a cheap price to go along with the cheap interior, motor, paint, suspension and so on. You can get a Chevrolet Trax with all wheel drive for a bit over 17 grand. Someone would be crazy to pay that price or close to it for a Mirage. Plus with gas prices being as low as they are now, people would rather drive something more substantial.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Factory rebate just jumped to 1,250! Do you think Mitsubishi is reading what we post here??

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-03-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i'd definitely buy another one. only complaint is the tire wear and rear out of alignment. like most of you, I paid nowhere near sticker price.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    I'd buy another one also, 5 speed though instead of the CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    it's funny, I've come to like my CVT, even though I wasn't a huge fan of it at first. Traffic is so awful in my city that even the feather soft touch of the mirage clutch might get tiresome after a while. that said, i'd still consider buying either choice.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The only reason they probably waited to up the rebate was to sell the G4 at closer to full cost to people looking for one given limited dealers had them.

I still think the G4 will become a rental car staple. My friend worked at Avis and they loved the Galant. All it was was overall cost (upfront and operating), features and reliability for the size class. That was literally all that mattered. If you built in in your back yard they wouldn't care. If thTs the case many will drive them without a clue it even existed.

On the other hand Outlanders are selling really well up here apparently. I am starting to see them pretty regularly. Of course a cheap AWD in a highly snowy area is going to be easy to market.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    A fully loaded sedan should be a 16 thousand dollar car not including rebates. I love my Mirage but I bought it because I like cheap little cars. I would not have paid sticker price and I like the car. Most people would get into it and not like it because it feels so cheap and the only way to motivate those people to buy is because it has a cheap price to go along with the cheap interior, motor, paint, suspension and so on. You can get a Chevrolet Trax with all wheel drive for a bit over 17 grand. Someone would be crazy to pay that price or close to it for a Mirage. Plus with gas prices being as low as they are now, people would rather drive something more substantial.
    The G4 is actually over $18k fully loaded. Way too much. The Chevy Trax with AWD stickers for well over $20k. Personally, without the rebates, I'd rather have something like a Kia Rio with some missing creature comforts for the same dough. Much better driving car.

Quote Originally Posted by man114 View Post
    I still think the G4 will become a rental car staple. My friend worked at Avis and they loved the Galant. All it was was overall cost (upfront and operating), features and reliability for the size class. That was literally all that mattered.
    I suspect the Versa sedan already owns the bottom end of the rental fleet market in the U.S. What reason is there to go with the Mirage sedan if not price? I wonder how they compare when you spec 'em both with automatics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

poor July in Canada

Terrible July for Mitsu in the Great White North: total sales down 22% from last July.

Mirage: 184 sold, both hatch & sedans.

Micra was down too, but still killing it: 803.

Spark sales increased. With the new model, I think it may de-throne Mirage from the #2 position in this class in Canada

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)