Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wikipedia's page for the Mirage / Space Star is not good. UPDATE: it's better!

Wikipedia's page for the Mirage / Space Star is not good. UPDATE: it's better!

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...0.93present.29

Whoever wrote the section called "Reception" about the current generation car decided to focus exclusively on the negative.

The opening sentence is: "The Mirage was met with negative reviews in Europe and Australia."

And it goes from there quoting the terrible Top Gear UK review.

I think that opening sentence is factually incorrect - the car has had mixed reception/reviews (as do most vehicles). Furthermore, it seems the car's critical reception varies quite a bit from country to country. As it's written now, the page gives the incorrect impression the car has had universally bad reviews.

Anybody here have experience editing Wikipedia? Considering how insanely popular Wiki is when people are searching for anything, that section is bad news. It's not balanced at all.

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can always edit wiki pages

Ha - I was just on the page looking for global Mirage production numbers (didn't find any), and the car's wikipedia page is STILL not good.

Anybody disagree that the first sentence in the "Reception" section for the G6 Mirage is very misleading?

Opening that section with: "The Mirage was met with negative reviews in Europe, Australia, and North America" suggests that there was a concensus that the car was bad.

But we know that's far from true:
    Thread: MYTH: car reviewers hate the Mirage

And it's won a bunch of awards and recognition:

Thread: Mirage / Space Star awards & accomplishments

Anybody here have Wiki editing experience who can make revisions while coming across as dispassionate/informational (rather than fan-boyish, which will probably get any edits reversed)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I was able to change it for a minute. They didn't think deleting most of the bad stuff was constructive so they reverted my changes

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Haha! Not surprised.

That was fast though.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Anyone who reads that far into the Wiki article would certainly keep reading through the bad stuff to where, as I read it the car is redeemed adequately.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    there's an edit button on the default page but I don't know how to code

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ge&action=edit

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    There are certain rules Wikipedia uses to try to enforce neutrality. It takes a bit of learning Wikipedia's ways, but editing according to their standards is possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Well, a few updates have been made to the 6th generation Reception section. Let me know what you think.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'll try later. I'm somewhat experienced with Wiki pages. Most of my revisions have stood the test of time.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)