Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest! Win a fuel economy gauge / OBD-II dashboard computer by posting in the forum

Contest! Win a fuel economy gauge / OBD-II dashboard computer by posting in the forum

Name:  IMG1191.jpg
Views: 1465
Size:  96.3 KB

Win this OBD-II fuel economy computer!

As mentioned in the forum's 5th birthday contest thread, we happen to have a Bullydog Watchdog OBD-II fuel economy computer & digital gauge display to give away.

This is an older device which was provided by the company for review purposes (on EcoModder). So it has been used, but barely. It's in great cosmetic condition and everything works as advertised. New, these went for around $300 USD.

Features:

Mirage owners might be particularly interested in:

1) Fuel economy features, including:

• Average MPG display (resettable)
    • Instant MPG in both graphical (dial) and numeric formats
    • "Driving Coach" screen: bar graphs indicating acceleration/deceleration smoothness; total gallons/fuel used since last reset; driving tips based on your overall performance; idling reminder, with idling time counter
    • Metric and US units
    • Fuel consumption calcs can be fine-tuned with a user-settable "fuel use offset"

2) Customizable digital gauges, including:
    • Coolant temperature (with user-settable audible alarm value)
    • Engine load
    • Speed (value can be adjusted with a user-settable offset -- eg. for different size wheels/tires)
    • RPM;
    • and more

The gauge also lets you do silly things like automatically timed 0-60 mph runs. I have the 60-page PDF user guide outlining all the specs & features to send to the winner.

How to win...

You don't have to do anything special other than carry on contributing to the forum as usual.

We'll randomly select one member in a random draw from all forum posts made between 12:01 AM (E.S.T.) today to noon (E.S.T.) on Monday, March. 26th.

Obviously, the more you post between now & then, the better your odds of winning. Your odds are already really good if you look at the numbers. But don't do anything silly.

NOTE: New posts in ANY THREAD, anywhere in the forum qualify. It's not this thread only.

Winners must claim the prize by sending Tim (Daox) or me your mailing address via private message within 72 hours (3 days) of the winners announcement (in this thread), or another name will be drawn in your place.

---

That's it! Good luck everyone!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (02-22-2018),Daox (02-22-2018)

More pics...

Name:  IMG1189.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  93.5 KB

Above: this shows the analog display option for the MPG gauge. You can view as a large display any of the four user-selectable gauges from the left side gauge column.Oh, and don't make fun of the lousy MPG numbers! I was testing with a 2005 Toyota Camry.

Below: these two images show the user-settable vehicle settings used by the computer.

Name:  IMG1192.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  IMG1193.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  97.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (02-22-2018),DonHoot (03-08-2018),Eggman (02-22-2018),mitsumi (06-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool ! I have a wireless ODB-II transmitter and use my iPad for this type of thing. It was cheap ! $25 if I remember right.
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

I've always used a ScanGauge, which is nicely optimized for fuel economy tasks.

I haven't tried any of the bluetooth + tablet/phone based apps. I know some people use the Torque app for fuel economy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That thing looks pretty neato! Can it check CEL codes? I use an Ultragauge in my Metro.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Thanks for reminding me to check!

Surprisingly, NO, it doesn't have a code reading/reset feature like the SG / UG.

Seems like an oversight, especially given the price.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I've always used a ScanGauge, which is nicely optimized for fuel economy tasks.

I haven't tried any of the bluetooth + tablet/phone based apps. I know some people use the Torque app for fuel economy.
    One cool feature I like about the iPad app is that you can reverse the screen and use it as a heads up display reflecting off the windshield at night.
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

That is cool. I'd love a HUD gauge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for doing this Darin! (Along with everything you and Tim do. Place wouldnt exist without you guys for sure)
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Neat! I have a SGII but 2 vehicles so one can ride in my truck. Can it be set for British gallons on the instant readout of mpg?
    ( I never developed much of a 'feel' for L/100km...)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)