Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.K: Mitsubishi Mirage - a roomy and lively small car (thestar.co.uk)

U.K: Mitsubishi Mirage - a roomy and lively small car (thestar.co.uk)

Another U.K. review that disproves the notion that the Mirage has been universally panned there (as implied on the car's Wikipedia page )...

Pros ...

- tight turning circle makes for easy urban motoring
    - plenty of standard equipment
    - very roomy for its size
    - 1.2L engine "an eager performer"; no problem keeping up with traffic
    - manual transmission's "slick and positive" gear changes

Cons ...

- no spare tire (fix-a-flat kit instead)
    - writer found it hard to find a comfortable seat adjustment
    - no radio controls on steering wheel
    - no "on board computer" ? Not sure what he's referring to here.

Overall ...

...the car is certainly worth considering especially because Mitsubishi has a longstanding reputation in the UK for producing good quality cars. My Verdict: A roomy and lively small car.
    Read the full review here: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/mitsub...-car-1-6168988

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

grsupercity (10-22-2013),Mikhail (10-22-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    mmmm dont get this.
    Cons ...

- no full-size spare tire ( thats normally a smaller one )
    - writer found it hard to find a comfortable seat adjustment ( thats personal )
    - no radio controls on steering wheel ( WOW he even things thats a con.. in the class this car is in? )
    - no "on board computer" ? Not sure what he's referring to here. (yhea?? no clue )

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacester View Post
    mmmm dont get this.
    Cons ...

- no full-size spare tire ( thats normally a smaller one ) <-- nah that's with cars nowadays, even new opel zafira the big van car dun have spare tire anymore.
    - writer found it hard to find a comfortable seat adjustment ( thats personal ) <-- quite okay, but seats are too high imo
    - no radio controls on steering wheel ( WOW he even things thats a con.. in the class this car is in? ) <-- if the car EVEN offers a start/stop button i would expect the same, at least control buttons on the steering wheel just for the sake of luxury
    - no "on board computer" ? Not sure what he's referring to here. (yhea?? no clue )<-- no separately board computer i think or he misses the "reset" button. That was my initial reaction when looking for the switch to change the info
    But it's a nice small car and good looking as well! It's very roomy compared to a VW Polo (an owner of a polo told me that last night).
    I don't get most magazines that complains about the steering, you just have to turn a bit more, it works perfectly in tight spaces as well! The major drawback (cons) of this car is the body roll and the ultra soft standard suspension.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    you can still get a spare tire with almost every ar if you pay for it.
    and they have almost always been smaller ones never full size.

the start stop is part of the feul eff. and nothing to do with luxury imo.

what i really do not like is the fact that when you take a corner ( in the CVT ) it wil not goes in a kinda neutral gear where you have to use the brake pedal instead of just letting go of the gas pedal..

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    you can still get a spare tire with almost every ar if you pay for it.
    and they have almost always been smaller ones never full size.

the start stop is part of the feul eff. and nothing to do with luxury imo.

what i really do not like is the fact that when you take a corner ( in the CVT ) it wil not goes in a kinda neutral gear where you have to use the brake pedal instead of just letting go of the gas pedal..
    Uh there's room for spare tire on the Mirage, you can always buy an aftermarket spare tire. But we're talking about standard option here i suppose?

What i mean is the engine start stop button instead of using a key to turn on the engine, not the ASG.
    But you really does have to rely much more on brakes on CVT or any automatic cars. I rented a huge GMC V8 and a kia rio matic while in the US and there's almost no engine braking at all on both!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    i geuss because you drive manual your used to a lot more ice braking
    i drive automatic for more then 10 years now and on and off manual in between but in the space start cvt there is really NO at all where in all the automatics i driven 4 speed and CVT there is..... but less then in a manual.

- no full-size spare tire ( thats normally a smaller one )
    That was my mistake - I wrote "full size" by mistake ... he was actually just complaining about NO spare wheel at all. There is only a "fix-a-flat" aerosol kit.

As for the complaint about "no computer", I think you may be right: maybe he didn't know how to operate the car's standard Multi Information Display -- thread: Mirage factory fuel economy gauge: details (MID Multi Information Display)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    yup that must be it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Being a car salesman by trade, hardly any new cars and crossovers come with spares. Even more so on base models

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    maybe the touchscreen was to high tech for the journalist :P