Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage review (Youtube... Motormouth)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I find there seems to be a culture of car reviews, where they parrot one another and copy each other's style.

"more car" is an oft used term. What does it mean? I am sure they are not referring to total mass, as that would be pointless. Possibly the features/options? Horsepower? What I would like to see is them talking about "better" rather than "more".

The Mirage, for example, has better fuel efficiency, better warranty, and an engine that is more suitable for city driving than its competition. It has a better price than most of its competition, and is better for the environment because there is less of it (less embodied energy, less fuel used over the car's period of service, smaller tires, fewer spark plugs - less production of everything, really).

I am on the fence between a Honda Fit, and a Mirage, with the only factors in favour of the Honda being the brand reputation, an excellent local dealer that my family has used for the past 12 years, and I suppose the cargo space could be nice. That said, I am still leaning toward the Mirage, as it is very rare that I need "more car".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (12-01-2013)