Thread: Nissan Versa sedan vs. Note and Mirage G4 sedan. Can Mirage G4 sell like Versa?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Nissan Versa sedan vs. Note and Mirage G4 sedan. Can Mirage G4 sell like Versa?

Name:  2015-nissan-versa-sedan-front-static-600-001.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  38.9 KB

http://www.torquenews.com/1080/nearly-half-all-nissan-versa-sales-are-note-models

When we asked Nissan for the breakdown of Versa sales, we were surprised to find out that the all-new Versa Note makes up nearly half of those sales figures despite this being its first year on the market.

The Nissan Versa is the best-selling subcompact car in the United States. It outsells most competitors several times over. It's combination of value, economy, and versatility makes it the subject of top picks on "best of" lists throughout the automotive press. When fellow Torque News journalist John Goreham asked me how Versa sales break down, I went to Nissan to find out and was amazed at what was learned.

Nissan told me that the breakdown for the year-to-date sales (January 1 to July 31, 2014) for the Versa line is about 64,700 units. About 59 percent of those are Versa Sedan models and about 41 percent of them are Notes; breaking down to about 26,600 Notes and 38,100 Sedans. We are rounding the numbers a bit for simplicity here.
    Looks like torque has some math issues 41% vs 59% is 1.5:1 not "nearly half".

Given that G4 will have more space than subcompact sedans like Fiesta, iA, etc, better MPG and price, do you think it would outsell hatch by 50%?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-29-2016)