Thread: Rented a Mirage G4 and was hooked

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rented a Mirage G4 and was hooked

Hi there. I drive a 2006 Toyota Tacoma with a 3" lift.

Recently in my Tacoma one of my upper ball joints broke. I made it home, but did not want to risk driving to work the rest of that week because that broken ball joint could cause a major crash.

I went to the nearest car rental agency and asked for the cheapest car they got. I expected to get a Hyundai or Kia

They hooked me up with a white 2016 Mirage G4... and let me tell you... I haaaaaaaaaaated it. I thought it was soo small, slow and ugly looking.

Rented the car for a total of 7 days. Throughout those 7 days, I literally fell in love with the car. I loved the gas mileage, I loved the turning radius, I loved how fun it felt (except driving over potholes) and how it's automatic (my Tacoma is a stick).

I can't really put into words but I really liked it toward the end.

When the day came to turn it back in, I actually was sad. Throughout that week I went on a few joyrides just to see how far I could go with only spending a few bucks on gas. It was impressive.

I wish I had a good reason to buy one, but right now my commute is only 20 miles, so having one as a commuter car wouldn't make sense. Hopefully one day I will be moving to upstate NY, and my commute will then be much longer.

When that day comes, I'll be getting a black G4 for sure.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaxExempt For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-18-2017),MetroMPG (08-18-2017)