Thread: Review: High Altitude Made the Mitsubishi Mirage Nearly Undrivable

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Review: High Altitude Made the Mitsubishi Mirage Nearly Undrivable

From "Car Bibles" / The Drive...

"
    High altitude made a bad car worse."
    I don’t like the Mirage, but I figured, “How bad could it be?” All I needed it to do was shuttle me around Denver. I knew this car isn’t very good, but I didn’t think it could be that bad.

It is that bad. At sea level, the Mirage generates a Husqvarna lawn mower-rivaling 78 horsepower. At 5,000 feet above sea level in thin air, about 15 percent of those ponies escape.

Funny:

If you check the comments section of nearly any Mitsubishi Mirage review, you’ll likely find a cohort of similar-minded Mirage boosters that insist the car is just fine the way it is. They’ll probably say something like, “It’s a great cheap car!” Any positives somebody might find, however, are negated by the fact that you can get better cars for similar prices.

Conclusion:
    If you’re in the market for a super-budget car and insist on buying new, save yourself the trouble and buy a Hyundai Accent or some other alternative. Avoid the Mirage, I promise it’s not worth it.

Full article:

https://www.carbibles.com/altitude-m...ly-undrivable/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-23-2021),dspace9 (10-23-2021)