Factory suspension

•  

14" x 5" steel wheels with new eBay generic wheel covers
    175/65/R14 Mastercraft Strategy All Seasons

Comments: 19 / Views: 15073
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i like echoes. how's your gas mileage. pretty good i'll bet.

Thanks! Yeah I like them too, not too many people do. Its like an acquired taste; reliable, discrete, lightweight, cheap to run, good on gas, plenty of room for a single guy like myself lol.

My older brother drives a red automatic that was given to him for free but sadly has been neglected. I had to get the 5 speed manual transmission as it gets better MPGs and is more "fun" for me to drive. I've always preferred rowing my own gears. Of all the cars I've owned, only two have been automatics.

Gas mileage? Not as good as I would want it to be. Best average MPG I've been able to achieve was 35 MPG. Its okay but I know I and or it can do a little better. I've been trying my hardest to break into the 40s. With warmer weather approaching soon I'm hoping I'll hit 40-50 MPG with some careful driving.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have always liked the echos and if I had one it would be identical to yours. I just couldn't find one I could finance with low miles.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

I've found a 2001 Toyota Echo Coupe 2DR on cars.com with 56,000 in PA but the guy wants $6000 for it. At one point he had it listed for $5000 but raised. I've noticed a lot of sellers and dealers selling these old Echos for quite a lot, upwards of $4000-$7000.

That's a crazy price for a 14 year old econobox, even with low miles.

I've seen a few people asking a lot for them around here, too. But I've also seen just as many (with higher kms) for 1-2 grand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

You're right it is crazy for an econobox! But it's because its a 'Toyota' of course! I'm considering buying a second one or just keep on saving towards my Mirage. Who am I kidding?! I want a Mirage!

Filled up my tank tonight and bested my average at 40.662 MPG!

Date: 03/11/2015
    Odometer: 135695.0
    Gallons: 10.329
    Gallon Fuel Cost: $2.299
    Total Fuel Cost: $23.75
    City: 10%
    Highway: 90%
    MPG: 40.7

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    they are considered to be one of toyota's most reliable cars ever made. they are the car that mechanics like to own. your 40mpg is near the top of the mpg range for those cars so nicely done!

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I work for toyota and I have seen customer echos with over 600k on the odo and talked to them about it, they say they hardly pay for repairs and nothing was replaced engine wise at all besides regular services. They are a very reliable and long lasting car.

Just filled up my tank a couple nights ago and averaged my best so far, 42 MPGs. Not bad at all! These Echos are great little cars. Cannot complain, great car.

I put it up for sale and a Toyota enthusiast from St Louis Missouri is going to buy off of me. Id get another if i ever find a good deal on a mint one. I'm trying to make my way up to a Mirage now and in the mean time will be driving something a little different.