Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Having the 5 speed manual Mirage makes my car...

Having the 5 speed manual Mirage makes my car more fun to drive. You're engaged in the whole driving process more with manuals. All hands and feet are busy. With automatics basically one hand and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sounds like a corrupted USB or some files are...

Sounds like a corrupted USB or some files are corrupted from PC transfer.
  3. Replies
    Views

FS: '17 Mirage Portland, OR

Time as come to move on.

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES hatchback. Bought new from Alan Webb Mitsbusihi in Vancouver, WA in September, 2017. No accidents, non-smoker, no pets, adult owned....
  4. Replies
    Views

Well Fummins it's the interior volume space that...

Well Fummins it's the interior volume space that makes the Mirage oddly a compact car, and not a subcompact. They measure cars for the room passengers have, interior space.

So the Mirage really...
  5. Replies
    Views

Sticky: One reason I've read for an unusually high MSRP...

One reason I've read for an unusually high MSRP plus constant factory cash rebates is that it lets buyers who don't have any money use the factory cash as a down payment, which makes it easier to get...
  6. Replies
    Views

Just did. 36 in a 25. "Speeding." :p

Just did. 36 in a 25. "Speeding." :p
  7. Replies
    Views

I managed a 92 in a 75 MPH zone chasing a...

I managed a 92 in a 75 MPH zone chasing a minivan. I figured out why they let me pass when I saw the state trooper on the bridge... :(

Sadly it is the only proof my car isn't too slow for the...
  8. Thread: Speeding

by 2of9
    Replies
    Views

Nope. Not yet at least. But, I've been pulled...

Nope. Not yet at least.

But, I've been pulled over twice in my Outlander Sport with my wife twice; 1) Because I apparently didn't signal. Got off with warning. 2) My license plate lights were not...
  9. Thread: Speeding

by dspace9
    Replies
    Views

No, pulled over once for stolen car fitting the...

No, pulled over once for stolen car fitting the same description as my car. I showed the officer my ownership and insurance etc, and everything was good.

Then we got on the topic of fuel economy...
  10. Thread: Speeding

by Dark Magenta
    Replies
    Views

While I haven't been over 80 in my Mirage yet, I...

While I haven't been over 80 in my Mirage yet, I have exceeded with kkkops around and been ignored...so far.
    FTP
    ACAB
  11. Replies
    Views

Additive Comparison

I don't really use additives much myself, except I'll add STA-BIL fuel stabilizer to anything that's going to sit for months.

I've never even heard of Marvel Mystery Oil before this thread, but I...
  12. Replies
    Views

FWIW, Alan Webb Mitsubishi in Vancouver, WA...

FWIW, Alan Webb Mitsubishi in Vancouver, WA (which is where I got my '17) has a ton of Mirages, including a host of 2017 G4 models listed as low as $10.489. I wish I needed another one (maybe a sedan...
  13. Replies
    Views

Its kind of depressing to buy a car new at the...

Its kind of depressing to buy a car new at the Dealer and then see it depreciate 50% in only 2 years. This is definitely a life lesson to never buy new from the Dealer again. Makes me feel dumb
  14. Replies
    Views

This exactly... Except mine went 110k on the OG...

This exactly... Except mine went 110k on the OG front brake pads ;)
  15. Replies
    Views

+1 on CobraJet. I also have a 2015. My story is...

+1 on CobraJet. I also have a 2015. My story is a little different because I drive it for infrequent short trips and the car only has 11,000 miles.

Rock solid. Not a single problem. I have...
  16. CR's data seems to confirm that the Mirage is the...

CR's data seems to confirm that the Mirage is the best combination of reliability, low cost, and fuel mileage. I think that's why most of us bought the car in the first place.
  17. Replies
    Views

Thanks for posting this. I enjoy that site. ...

Thanks for posting this. I enjoy that site.

My '15 Mirage is just about to turn 100,000 miles (99,565 I think), and it hasn't had one problem. I checked the engine compression not too long ago,...
  18. Consumer Reports September 2018 Issue, Used Car Ratings: Mirage reliable & terrible

Someone just gave me the September 2018 issue of Consumer Reports (CR) magazine and I spotted this headline on the cover...

9 Terrific Used Car Picks

Well…of course I had to flip to...
  19. Replies
    Views

I hate to tell you this, but driving a Mirage...

I hate to tell you this, but driving a Mirage probably makes you look cheap & tacky. If you put a single din stereo in a Hummer, she probably wouldn't notice.

Reversing this around - I...
  20. Replies
    Views

Greetings from Oregon!

Hello, everyone. After nearly three years with my 2008 smart fortwo, I decided it was time to do some research and see what cars would be a suitable replacement. The smart was a lot of fun but there...
  21. Replies
    Views

No. As you've alluded to, most engine wear...

No.

As you've alluded to, most engine wear happens on a cold start. It's not because the oil is too thin, but because it's too THICK. Even a 0W oil is 10x thicker than optimal on a cold start.
  22. Replies
    Views

Sadly you're not the first. Darkfly600...

Sadly you're not the first. Darkfly600 had a similar problem: And suddenly I need a new engine!

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Glad to hear your dealer is taking care of it for you. I'm...
  23. Replies
    Views

Did the knocking occur before the recall for over...

Did the knocking occur before the recall for over rich fuel delivery in cold temperatures was completed? There were some documented engine failures due to this issue (which is why the recall was...
  24. Replies
    Views

40,000kish Miles - Engine Replacement

Just posting here for others. This winter, my 2014 mirage began making a knocking noise on cold starts on cold days only. This escalated to all cold starts making the knock. Power was sluggish,...
  25. And another note, don't buy those refill cans...

And another note, don't buy those refill cans that have oil in them! You AC system isn't leaking oil. You already have the correct amount of oil in the compressor. If you keep topping it off with...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3