Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

If you are referring specifically to the rubber...

If you are referring specifically to the rubber puck, that is what's referred to as a mass damper and it's function is to dampen vibrations.
  2. I've got an ultraguage in my '14 5-speed so I can...

I've got an ultraguage in my '14 5-speed so I can more or less watch my economy in real time, and my fuel economy is very much worse at constant speed in 4th versus 5th. I'd have to redo my test to...
  3. So Vw has been using turbocharged engines for...

So Vw has been using turbocharged engines for quite some time, and I work on them for a living. We have been using a 1.4l turbo in the jetta hybrid since 2013 and in the regular jetta since 2016(in...
  4. There is no real difference between a rwd...

There is no real difference between a rwd differential and a fwd one. Now most front wheel drive cars have unequal length axles, which can cause one wheel be slightly more likely to break traction...
  5. I've owned several older hondas with a ton of...

I've owned several older hondas with a ton of miles, and even the 20+ year old engines in them rarely needed much if any adjustment at the 250000+ miles I had on them when I checked valve clearance...
  6. Replies
    Views

I work for a vw dealer as a tech, and yes...

I work for a vw dealer as a tech, and yes actually, diesel golfs are fun with the 6 speed manual, way more fun than these cars are. They handle very well stock, have tons of torque, ok horsepower,...
  7. Replies
    Views

I can believe he's hitting the bump stops with...

I can believe he's hitting the bump stops with any load, most small cars are on the bump stops way more often than you might think they are anyway, and the mirage, particularly the early ones, are...
  8. Replies
    Views

I would suggest rev matching on downshifts like...

I would suggest rev matching on downshifts like that if you aren't already to save wear and tear on the clutch, but otherwise, as Loren said you aren't going to hurt anything.
  9. Replies
    Views

I've been a vw tech since 2013, it started back...

I've been a vw tech since 2013, it started back in about 2015 with just the Passat diesel engine(the Passat had a different engine than all of our other diesels) having that problem, and for a couple...
  10. Replies
    Views

I doubt the security on this ecm is outside of...

I doubt the security on this ecm is outside of the ordinary. It's probably about the same as an evo or regular lancer of the same vintage, and those, for the most part, have all been cracked. A...
  11. Replies
    Views

I'm of the opinion that just because a car is...

I'm of the opinion that just because a car is cheap, doesn't mean it can't be fun. I really like alot about these cars, and it wouldn't take much to make this a fun little car.