Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. No you're fine. There aren't any hoses...

No you're fine.

There aren't any hoses connecting the charcoal canister(which is located to the rear of the fuel tank under the spare tire) directly to the fuel tank. The Charcoal Canister has 3...
  2. Every drop of fuel greater than the 9.2 gallons...

Every drop of fuel greater than the 9.2 gallons of fuel capacity, overflows and spills directly into the charcoal cannister, since it is directly under the fuel tank, like a catch can. And at some...
  3. Do you mean the auto shutoff feature of fuel...

Do you mean the auto shutoff feature of fuel dispensers? Isn’t that supposed to be when to stop fueling? And isn’t anything more than that called topping off?

I had one pump where the auto...
  4. That makes sense. Be ready for the flooded...

That makes sense.

Be ready for the flooded charcoal canister fear monger posts by Wikipedia copy and paster's :rolleyes:

I've put just over 34 gallons in my 35 gallon tank in my truck more...
  5. Having been in automotive engineering, I'm...

Having been in automotive engineering, I'm betting the listed capacity is based on the 3D cad date of the interior shape of the tank. I would think they would include the filler neck, but I'm...
  6. I've pushed mine to 115mph no problems at all:o

I've pushed mine to 115mph no problems at all:o
  7. I'm just impressed they got the Mirage north of...

I'm just impressed they got the Mirage north of 100mph...
  8. I think Doug Demuro's channel is the automotive...

I think Doug Demuro's channel is the automotive equivalent of a YouTube channel where a woman shops for purses.

He doesn't know much about cars...he just knows what purses he likes and dislikes....
  9. Doug? Is that you?

Doug? Is that you?
  10. I don't hate Doug. I just think he's pretty...

I don't hate Doug. I just think he's pretty clueless when stating a Mirage is the worst car one can buy in America. It's been the perfect purchase for me

You can be impressed by all the cars he...
  11. Replies
    Views

The starter motor is loud. Kind of sounds like...

The starter motor is loud. Kind of sounds like when the start motor hits the flywheel or flexplate that there is a lot of noise in that exchange as well. In an effort to keep the vehicle...
  12. Thread: New 2021 owner

by Mark
    Replies
    Views

I've never owned a 3-cylinder car before, but it...

I've never owned a 3-cylinder car before, but it has a unique little bit of a rubble start compared to other vehicles I have owned. I don't think anything of it. It's somewhere between my...
  13. Replies
    Views

I have 2 Mirages and yes its a "basic cheap...

I have 2 Mirages and yes its a "basic cheap engine kind of start up" especially in the cold. Sitting idle until the green engine temp light goes out is a good idea IMO. Your Mirage is fine I bet and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Just for giggles, I averaged some interesting...

Just for giggles, I averaged some interesting numbers.

300.4 miles average per fillup.
    7.121 gallons average per fillup.

I try to let tank run down a fair amount. But I don't prefer to...
  15. Thread: New 2021 owner

by Mark
    Replies
    Views

I don't mean to discourage you either. I hope...

I don't mean to discourage you either. I hope you go for it.

I don't like running my gas tank below a certain level. If I know my mpg for 8 gallons of gas, I can pretty much calculate how far...
  16. Replies
    Views

Check the mileage log...

Check the mileage log for member 3dplane. He had a few tanks close to 600 miles?!? But he is a Mirage hypermiler Jedi Master...

17. Replies
    Views

They should design a transmission that doesn't...

They should design a transmission that doesn't grenade under conditions that cars are normally driven. :D Dirk should NEVER have to even consider such a question (2 posts back). Of course, 5 hours...
  18. Replies
    Views

It can be done. When conditions are not...

It can be done. When conditions are not unfavorable, my car runs a bit above 25km/L at 100km/h. At 55mph (89km/h) that will be 26~27km/L. So a full tank of 35L should bring me 910-945km, 565-589...
  19. Thread: New 2021 owner

by Mark
    Replies
    Views

When you go for that 500 miles on one tank of...

When you go for that 500 miles on one tank of gas, I suggest bringing a full can of gas with you. Otherwise, you will be stranded somewhere.

Personally, I don't think running cars really low on...
  20. Replies
    Views

What's the most gas you've ever filled in your...

What's the most gas you've ever filled in your Mirage

It might take you a while to get adjusted to the Mirage's fuel gauge. Its behavior gets a little funky when it gets down to the last 2...