Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limp mode traction

Limp mode traction control lights on

I got a 2015 Mirage here with 363k km. Car was driving down the hwy at 60mph then car slowed down and would only do 30mph. Traction control off(iirc, might have been loss of traction warning)light came on when This happened. The driver pulled over turned car off and restarted. Then abs, brake warning,and other traction control light came on.
    Made it back here and managed to get it up to 50mph coming back.

First thing I checked was the brake lights. They seem to be working.
    Cvt codes are:
    P170E abs/asc error
    P0703 brake switch(I’ve seen this when bulbs are burnt)
    P1797 g sensor/brake fluid pressure sensor( I’m sure I’ve had this code pop up in the past)

Abs code:
    C1340 stop lamp switch
    U0402 T/m (can message)

Engine light is on but it’s just a cat code. P0421

Last edited by Fummins; 05-12-2022 at 04:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Not a 2015! Dammit.

False alarm, just another car with burnt out brake lights....Nothing to see here.

When I checked the brake lights the car was outside in the sun, and it was running. They did look kinda dim but I figured it was caused by the sun and wearing stupid transition magic tint lenses. Then when I just pulled it into the shop I realized the headlight switch was on, so when I checked the brake lights the tail lights were on....Turned off lights, checked brake lights again. Both are burnt out....This is the third time this has happened(different cars) this year so far.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-12-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    False alarm, just another car with burnt out brake lights....Nothing to see here.

When I checked the brake lights the car was outside in the sun, and it was running. They did look kinda dim but I figured it was caused by the sun and wearing stupid transition magic tint lenses. Then when I just pulled it into the shop I realized the headlight switch was on, so when I checked the brake lights the tail lights were on....Turned off lights, checked brake lights again. Both are burnt out....This is the third time this has happened(different cars) this year so far.
    Remind me please, because I'm an idiot, if these vehicles have a break light go out it will cause multiple codes to go off?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will be interesting to see what you find. The one thing that has scared me for ultimate owner longevity on these cars has been the TCS. It acts so wonky and the way it kills power when activated worries the crap out of me that it will just randomly happen whilst driving.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well that was quick...

Note to self, keep tail light bulbs in the glovebox... NOTED
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-12-2022)

I'm not a fan of hoarding parts I may never need but a couple spare bulbs is actually a great idea to keep in the car.

And either a hammer or a phillips screwdriver so you can change it/them(whatever the new bulbs identify as). Depending on how smashy you feel.

I didn't have to clear the codes, as soon as I turned the key on the lights were gone(minus the engine light). I didn't even try the brakes. It's magic!

Oh, and my records show that I already replaced the transmission in 2020 at 250k kms? but maybe it should have read replaced cvt fluid?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fummins View Post
    ...wearing stupid transition magic tint lenses.
    Nerd!
    Last edited by 7milesout; 05-12-2022 at 05:56 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (05-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Nerd!
    It goes well with my pocket protector and suspenders.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (05-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm not a fan of hoarding parts I may never need but a couple spare bulbs is actually a great idea to keep in the car.

And either a hammer or a phillips screwdriver so you can change it/them(whatever the new bulbs identify as). Depending on how smashy you feel.

I didn't have to clear the codes, as soon as I turned the key on the lights were gone(minus the engine light). I didn't even try the brakes. It's magic!

Oh, and my records show that I already replaced the transmission in 2020 at 250k kms? but maybe it should have read replaced cvt fluid?
    Wonder if the LED taillight cars (are all the new ones LED?) could potentially have this issue? Or if its just the 14-5 cars... be hard to carry one of those assemblies around in the glovebox

Last edited by Basic; 05-12-2022 at 06:50 PM.
    Resident Tire Engineer

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-13-2022)