Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust, Repair questions

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Me thinks you are mistaking Canada with the Philippines.
    Great. Now I have Phillipines "Mirage-envy".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

ChippyMcMunk (06-02-2022),mohammad (06-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Me thinks you are mistaking Canada with the Philippines.
    Thanks for the correction, i have read to many threads and am sure i got it mistaken.

There's a lot of small changes in these turds for different markets over seas. Some have no maf sensor,fewer air bags, no rocker moldings, different rear brakes in early models,available 1.0L,auto/start stop,full size spare,power folding mirrors,adjustable headlights,shelf above glove box,Different spoiler,no spoiler,lack of abs,different colors, no orange reflectors in headlight housing etc...

There aren't a ton of differences between us and canucky ones, mainly just tpms, drl and trim packages. And you guys don't get heated seats iirc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

ChippyMcMunk (06-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There's a lot of small changes in these turds for different markets over seas. Some have no maf sensor,fewer air bags, no rocker moldings, different rear brakes in early models,available 1.0L,auto/start stop,full size spare,power folding mirrors,adjustable headlights,shelf above glove box,Different spoiler,no spoiler,lack of abs,different colors, no orange reflectors in headlight housing etc...

There aren't a ton of differences between us and canucky ones, mainly just tpms, drl and trim packages. And you guys don't get heated seats iirc.
    Sounds like you know a lot about these cars. Any chance you know the distance between the front frame rails at the bumper reinforcement mount?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mohammad, i have already dismantled my bumper, fender. Headlight assembly. Pretty easy. I have a few pics of the spot welds where the radiator support is attached to the bumper reinforcement. I am considering straightening out my bumper reinforcement and radiator shrouds rather than drill them out and buy a new bumper reinforcement. I was quoted $650 for the bumper reinforcement, shrouds lower peice from salvage yard all still in one piece. If i have to i will but i will try to straighten it first. Also quoted $110 for just bumper reinforcement. Place in Chicago $90 new plus shipping. Fender and hood can get new (unpainted) or salvage reasonable. I can live stream on Twitch and answer any questions and show you what you are getting in to. Biggest issue will be how much damage has been done to the frame, for that we both need some measurements of original specs. car-part dot com will be a good source if you are looking to match the paint for fender and hood. Can't remember Chicago business name, i will find it if needed. (Red circle are the spot welds between the mounting plate and shroud)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Green scamatic parts are welded together. I need to know the measurements in the second pic.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChippyMcMunk View Post
    Green scamatic parts are welded together. I need to know the measurements in the second pic.
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074305.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  59.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074341.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  79.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074420.jpg
Size:  95.5 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074442.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  85.6 KB

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

ChippyMcMunk (06-02-2022),Fummins (06-02-2022),inuvik (06-01-2022),mohammad (06-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    allrock, You Rock my friend! I can't thank you enough. This is absolutely awesome. We can now move forward with confidence knowing we have the information to make the right decisions. Im sure Mohammad will be equally as happy. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074305.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  59.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074341.jpg
Size:  79.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074420.jpg
Size:  95.5 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-02 074442.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  85.6 KB
    Where is the world did you dig up such detailed and incredible specs?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mohammad, Got my bumper reinforcement off the car. I will add pics below. I am going live on Twitch to document my progress and so i can remember where all the bolts go 😬. You can watch the vod later for upto 14 days. Hope it is going well for you.
    .s. should i start my own post? I feel like i jumped your thread. Im new here and don't want to step on toes.