Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
Well, I could NOT get that 65-67 mm filter socket to work. From above nor from below and even with that belly cover removed. I quit fiddling with that socket and got the pump pliers (channellocks) and wrung it off! I guess I'm too old, too fat and cranky. That part is over and should be able to loosen it by hand in the future.
I WILL consider a remote if further problems remain the next oil change.

The socket was criticized on Amazon for not working on 65 mm because the 3/8" drive and the filter top interfere. That's the problem here and I was not deft enough to make it work.
That's odd, & I am sorry to hear that. I don't have an issue using mine. Not sure if the type of oil filter makes a difference or not? It shouldn't.

Even though I use a socket, I am not cranking it on or off very hard. I just use it, because grabbing the oil filter from the top is not all that easy. I find it easier to slip on the oil filter socket with a stubby handle ratchet & tighten or remove that way.

I would recommend buying the oil socket in the store along with the oil filter you are using. I did pick out the one I needed that way @ a Farm & Fleet store. That's also when I decided to use a mid-grade oil filter like the Purolator ONE (10,000 mile filter).

I am no skinny mini myself! I wonder if a Fram Ultra Synthetic oil filter would work better for you? They are easier to grip than most, and it's a quality oil filter (may be the best oil filter value out there).