Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
Im still amazed someone would fake a part that cost less than 7 US dollars on rock auto and expect to make a profit.
I went to Shanghai at least a half dozen times. There are people there that make our poor trailer trash people *seem like kings. Yet, these dirt poor Chinese people are up and out trying to figure something out to better their situation. Where lots (not all) poor people in the U.S. lay around on their arse all day and try to figure out how to scam our trusty gobment out of even more benefits. Anywho - Those Chinese people could probably live a couple days on 1 U.S. dollar. Would those people get involved in something that profited 10 cents per spark plug? Oh yeah.

My Chinese coworkers (tried to) explain something to me about these really poor people. The law that said people could only have 1 child ... when a couple accidently had a 2nd (or more) child, the parents were forced to pay 3X their yearly salary in gobment fines for that 2nd and subsequent child. If they didn't pay that, that child could never be a Chinese citizen. Not being able to pay happened quite often. They're just to be a person living in China. And that person could never have the rights of a Chinese citizen. That's how they explained it but I'm sure there were things lost in their speaking English and trying to explain that. Those Chinese non-citizens were just treated like trash. They did what they could to survive, non-citizens weren't eligible for gobment benefits. So they had to stay busy. They were productive, even it if were swapping spark plugs. Wanna eat? Gotta work. That should be the way it is in the U.S. (except for truly handicapped people).