Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Ideas for my Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Not even the aftermarket hubcaps that I purchased last year made me feel better.
    Yeah, I bought the cheapest piles of crap wheel covers ever made, and installed on The Blueberry. The do / did look better than the original wheel covers. But at $40 total, I don't care if they fly off or what. So far they've held on. But they get chipped up going through the car wash. And I don't care.

I'm thinking what I might do when they're ugly enough is to yank them off and then duplicolor the wheels a glossy black. Very cheap, and from what I've seen, gives the Mirage a sort of "Nicky Santoro" / Joe Pesci, small but tough guy look. Actually, what sounds like a good idea, is to duplicolor them black right before replacing the tires. And just use the current tires to "mask." Hmmmmm.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    To each his own. Personally I would treat the Mirage as the proper tool that it is. Spend as little money on it as you can, SO THAT YOU CAN spend money on some other car as a fun car. For example, buy a well used Mazda Miata as a "fun" car. And do all kind of stuff to that. Keeping the expense as small as possible on the Mirage will allow you that 2nd car. And, if you ever blow up, damage, crash, sell or have that fun car taken apart for mods, you still have the workhorse Mirage 100% ready for duty. It would make the fun car all that much more fun knowing you don't have to depend on it for daily duty.

And vice-versa. Say the Mirage gets in a crash, you have back-up wheels!
    I agree 100%. The only upgrade that's really worth it though is some high quality dark tint. It really helps the HVAC system out.