Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
That's true it might be a bit safer in some rear end accidents for the back passengers. I wouldn't be worried about theft that much or I would just take my bag with me. They would really have to be dumb thieves to target a Mirage for the *valuable* cargo they can't even see...
Not just rear end. Its also going to do better in some T bone accident as it has the horizontal cross beam behind the seats. It may also generally do better in Rollovers as it has bracing behind the rear seat which is where a lot of the roof structure is located. The effectively much shorter roof is of course less likely to deform.

Theft really depends where you live, Considering toyota and bmw redesigned there cars to prevent theft of cargo its probably a bigger issue than you think in some areas.

Some people target particularly crappy cars as they know they won't have an alarm to draw attention. Otherwise you are correct unless they see inside of my boot/trunk when i remove other things. It will be just like robbing a person a pot luck, they dont know what they will be getting.

There are a lot of companies like https://truckvault.com that offer secure storage drawers for SUVs, i havent yet seen one for the mirage.

If you think i am being overly worried, a new Apple laptop is well over half the price I got the Mirage for..