Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi's US plans for the future released; including the Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    that 2017 turbo variant will be coming our right when Ill be looking for a mirage replacement. 4800 miles since january 6th. Ill be wanting something warrantied again im sure by the time it comes out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Rear sway bar.
    Oh yah. That's the one thing that mitsu should have taken the extra time and few hundred dollars to put in the car.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
    I think I may hold out for the 2015; those little updates will help the car feel a little more refined, but I really, really, really hope Mitsubishi sorts out the soft suspension and handling given all of the complaints that it has garnered
    I love the soft suspension!

I don't understand all the dislike for soft suspensions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I find the suspension to be one of the benefits of the Mirage. Makes it seem like a larger car.

For racerboys, it probably feels sloppy, but I'd rather have a bit of comfort than the ability to take a corner at 90 mph.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    I find the suspension to be one of the benefits of the Mirage. Makes it seem like a larger car.
    I agree!

For racerboys, it probably feels sloppy, but I'd rather have a bit of comfort than the ability to take a corner at 90 mph.
    ... so it's a "racer" thing to want a firmer suspension ... interesting.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post

Negative. Sometimes, taking a corner at "normal" or "non-high speed" way, especially when the road is not level or has bumps/dips, the car feels unstable - to say the least. Also, the fact that the car "bottoms out" at minor dips when the car is loaded (even with 3 people at ~ 550lbs total passenger weight, it is my opinion that the car's suspension is WAY too soft.

I have had the pleasure of driving a few luxurious cars that feel like I'm "riding on air." The soft suspension of the Mirage is not even close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    I agree!

... so it's a "racer" thing to want a firmer suspension ... interesting.
    So, I guess it's a "racer" thing to have suspension that "feel safe..."

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Negative. Sometimes, taking a corner at "normal" or "non-high speed" way, especially when the road is not level or has bumps/dips, the car feels unstable - to say the least. Also, the fact that the car "bottoms out" at minor dips when the car is loaded (even with 3 people at ~ 550lbs total passenger weight, it is my opinion that the car's suspension is WAY too soft.

I have had the pleasure of driving a few luxurious cars that feel like I'm "riding on air." The soft suspension of the Mirage is not even close to that.

So, I guess it's a "racer" thing to have suspension that "feel safe..."
    I've never felt unsafe with the Mirage's soft suspension, even when cornering or loaded ... to each his own

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just like a comfortable ride. I use the car mostly around town, so that is my most important criteria.

I've had 3 adults in the car at one time. I did notice that the extra weight affected the off the line pickup, but that is about it.

The roads in my town are so bad that we joke that there is more patcha d potholes than pavement, but the Mirage seems to pretty well, as long as I manage to avoid the major potholes.

It seems that the suspension in the Mirage was made to simulate the ride of a larger car. Some will like that, others not.

Opinions on all sides are fine with me.

I noticed in the Motorweek review of the Mirage they criticized the handling in their tract tests. Probably very valid, but I never drive agressively so it is of some interest, for emergency situations, but not a major buying decision point for me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The softer suspension could equal rolling the vehicle if you are a wreckless driver or pitted with a hasty decision to corner it, but that is honestly not a fault. A rolling car in most instance will get you further from an accident than one that stays pitted to the ground since the roof isn't designed to keep traction and having a good look at the b-frame of the vehicle is an obvious indicator that so long as you don't slam the roof into the ground it will compact very minimal. I trust this car with my 2 y.o. in it as much as I did my steel bodied 2800 pound 99 buick century custom if that says anything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi should make a rear sway bar a standard feature for the hatch and the sedan . That's if the G4 ( Attrage ) is presented to the U.S.and Canada . Many people have to commute 30+ miles ( round trip ) to get to their jobs , shop , etc.. . Thus interstate , state roads , county and town roads of 50+ m.p.h. are usually on the route and would help give more security . Many roads here are quite curvy . I do notice plenty of body roll on sharp corners and does feel a bit concerning . The steering should be more responsive as well . These wouldn't add much to the cost . Maybe slightly wider tires such as 175 would help plant it and give more choices for a manufacturer as well ( only 2 for now ) . Be interesting to see how it would do as is on the test track of Motorweek through the cones . Keep your fingers crossed if it is . I say these things not to harm the MIRAGE , but to possibly contribute to its success here in North America . Have been a fan of Mitsubishi for decades .

Last edited by cinder; 05-05-2014 at 03:14 PM.