Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Knocking Noise

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    https://imgur.com/a/CRaPjkM

heres a video from today in highway traffic. obviously not the best video but u do hear the noise. ill get one tomorrow of the engine from a cold start

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
    I had a car make weird engine noises once due to a broken motor mount. Do you have a video of the noise. There are some excellent mechanics on here that might have insight based on a video or sound

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lolaaa View Post

heres a video from today in highway traffic. obviously not the best video but u do hear the noise. ill get one tomorrow of the engine from a cold start
    Yeah, that doesn't sound like an exhaust rattle. Hopefully those that have experienced the piston slap will post if that's what they heard.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    There have been forum members (Dodge Aries K & Fummins) that have received free replacement engines due to engine knocking on both sides of the border (States & Canada). In both cases, they sold their Mirages for more money shortly after that.

Maybe one of them can speak up on this topic?

I only remember them making an engine replacement happen.

Hey everyone. I'm posting this here after being recommended to from reddit.

I have a 2015 mirage with 139000km. When I got it at 126000km it had a slight tick tick tick noise while driving. But only sometimes and not anything I was concerned about. Now it’s more prominent and louder and happens basically all the time. Is this concerning? I thought it was normal considering the little engine. But it seems to have gotten worse. Any similar experiences / advice? I want to take care of this car, ideally have it for awhile. But if this is a serious problem I’ll sell it probably

To clarify: It is engine noise. It's audible from outside and inside the car. It actually gets better at faster highway speeds i think.

I've heard this noise from other cars while at a red light. My friend is saying "told u so", as in he coulda guessed this car would have engine problems because it has to work so much harder to keep up with 4 cylinder engines.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    I bought a used 2014 with 30k km a few years ago that ended up getting a new engine installed at the dealer free of charge. It was a bit knocky. I posted a video of it at one time. I'll find the link and post it here later.
    Anywho...I called up the dealer across town(cause I hate dealing with the one nearby), told them the engine is noisy and is using oil(it wasn't using oil), they called me the next day and said they ordered a new engine and I should have the car back in a week or two. They didn't ask for any maintenance records surprisingly. The car had about 50k kms when I took it to the dealer.
    I'm not sure if my engine was replaced under warranty or if it was a tsb/recall? There was a recall for over fuelling when cold to the point of oil being thinned out iirc. My car did have that reflash recall done by the previous owner though.

I can't make out your videos, maybe try recording the engine under the hood. Just stick your phone/camera under the hood and rev it up a bit where it makes the most noise. Mine was knocky at idle but would quiet down a little under light load sometimes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)