Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And you thought Mitsubishi dealerships were bad!

It's no Hyundai but this is neat

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It's no Hyundai but this is neat
    There are some features that I would pay extra to not have. Auto climate controls & push button start are at the top of the list. A key fob that is constantly sending out a signal for others to intercept is the real problem in many cases. At some point, they will have to put an on/off switch on the fobs.

The Hyundai/KIA issue is slightly different. I like having a chipped key along with a keyless entry remote. Both my Mirage & Forester are set up that way. I know some people like push button start, but I see very little value in it. I don't find using a key to be that hard.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-21-2022),Fummins (10-20-2022)

The wifes turd kia has a stupid proximity key, push button start, power lift gate stuff. When I'd shovel the driveway and had her keys in my pocket the stupid hatch would open all the time when I walked behind it. It was real fun when it was in the garage and that happened and it opened into the closed garage door.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (10-21-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Thanks. Reading that brings back nightmares working for those ... jokers. Outside of work, the South Korean people are absolutely wonderful, I have mush love and respect for them and their culture. However, as H-K engineers, they turn into robots that do the moronic things the company leaders say to do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    FYI
    All cars sold or registered in the EU must have a steering lock.
    On mine with the key removed, if the wheel is turned more than 1/4 turn, the steering wheel will firmly lock up and nobody can turn it. Force does not help either, only the correct key will unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    FYI
    All cars sold or registered in the EU must have a steering lock.
    On mine with the key removed, if the wheel is turned more than 1/4 turn, the steering wheel will firmly lock up and nobody can turn it. Force does not help either, only the correct key will unlock it.
    I thought the same applies over here too. Until I saw the mirages here didn’t have one. I don’t recall seeing another vehicle newer than 1979(ford trucks) without a steering wheel lock. Most vehicles here have had them since the early 70’s.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think it's just a Mirage thing. If I remember right my push to start 2017 Outlander GT and my regular key 2019 Outlander Sport didn't have steering wheel locks. My current push to start 2011 Sienna DOES have a column lock, you can hear it engage and disengage when you turn the car on and off. I'll have to check and see if my Nissan Leaf has one... but I don't think so.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-21-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I can confirm with Dodge Aries K, my 2019 Outlander Sport doesn't have a steering wheel lock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I can confirm with Dodge Aries K, my 2019 Outlander Sport doesn't have a steering wheel lock.
    Mitsubishi engineers must have missed class on the day steering wheel locks were taught.

Just curious - Can you shift a Mirage CVT without the key or key fob?

I saw this somewhere -

"In a Prius you have an unlocked steering wheel but it is impossible to get it out of park without the key so it doesn't really matter that you can steer it."

Wondering if that applies to the Mirage with a CVT at least?

I read where some claim it's not necessary, because cars have electric power steering that turns off. I don't buy that, because a child could still steer a Mirage with the EPS turned off.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Mitsubishi engineers must have missed class on the day steering wheel locks were taught.
    It's not a Mitsubishi thing. My Space Star has a steering lock. So maybe it's mandatory here and not in the States? You can't really blame a cheap car to omit non-vital features.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)