Thread: Rotten Exhaust - Scotland

Country
    Scotland
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rotten Exhaust - Scotland

So my exhaust is rotten. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement in Scotland, UK that could arrive quickly and it not cost the earth? The dealer has the parts on back order so it'll take weeks to arrive and I'd need it soon.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Sorry, mate! I fear you are out of luck.
    Since I didn't find any aftermarket exhausts at all, and knowing Mitsu prices, I decided to paint the exhaust on my brand new car in 2014. The paint got a few touch-ups over the years, and the exhaust looks perfectly in order today.

Maybe you know a little garage where the proprieter works on the cars himself. That might be the place to go for fixing whatever can be saved. Might be worth a try.

Country
    Scotland
    Thanks
    Thanks. It looks like that may be my only option at this point. I need a new catalytic converter too but can only find an after market one for the 1.2 and my car is the 1.0.

Been a great car up till now but these issues with sourcing parts has me thinking that it may be time to look for something a bit more common. I'd still have to sort the car before that though.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    The exhaust and catalyst changed in 2017 I think it was. The 1.2L may very likely have the identical exhaust and cat as the 1.0L.
    You could send me PM containing the VIN if you like, and I could look up if your car has the same exhaust as my 2014 1.0 model.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeUK View Post
    ... Been a great car up till now but these issues with sourcing parts has me thinking that it may be time to look for something a bit more common. I'd still have to sort the car before that though.
    There's a 3cyl Corsa here with similar milage than the SpaceStar, but its already on its fourth timing chain set. Its more than a bloody PITA to do the job, but I'm glad it doesn't have to be taken to some dealer that gets me bankrupt.

Country
    Scotland
    Thanks
    I've sent you a message. Thanks 🙂

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any locals that specialize in exhaust/muffler replacement? He may be able to make what you need for less time and money....
    Had a Midas muffler shop in Los Angeles area make two systems for a 1959 SAAB GT-750 in '65. A noisy one and a quiet one. Way cheaper than SAAB parts if you could actually get them!

Karl

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (10-24-2022)