Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Many Miles Do Mirages Last For?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    500,000 km is approximately 310,000 miles. I think Fummins converts units for his southern neighbors like me, who think in miles not kilometers.

After looking at the clip, it is a different car from an earlier post on this thread.
    You are correct, 2 different cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (01-30-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    OP, I put a hard 30k uber miles on my old 2014 DE CVT Mirage and it fast approaching 100k miles. Besides getting the brakes replaced and a failing door lock actuator, it handled my abuse quite well. I went out and got another Mirage. Don't ask me about my wife's old 2017 G4 though lol. Just stay away from any used car that had its engine replaced poorly lol.

I just had a 2017 in the shop that has 483,000kms/300,000miles. Original engine, transmission, alternator, ac compressor etc...The only "major" failure has been a rad fan motor a few years ago. The red temp light came one but it wasn't ran for long like that thankfully. Otherwise, the cel has been on for a while because of a cat efficiency code.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I hope to god I can get 300,000 miles from my 2017. Actually, that will likely be my kids car. It has 44,000 miles now, she'll likely put on 30,000 miles a year so there might be 8-10 years before my 2017 hits 300,000 miles.

My 2014 is at 240,000Kms, and if I drive it it would be a stretch for me to add 100,000kms over the next 10 years. Maybe 150,000 but I'd really think about replacing it should I hit 350,000kms (roughly 220,000miles). I have the rust over the wheels and plan to open up the wells, deal with the rust and try to 3d print new body panels to cover the rusted spots. If I can blend the new panel properly it will like like 3rd party aero body mods. hmm, maybe that's what I should aim for anyhow and sell them on ebay if they turn out good looking.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I am new to cars and driving but the mechanic I hire to check the used Mirage G4 I purchased last week says my car which has 19,200 kms on the Odo still sounds fresh and feels fresh even the breaks are original but feels new.

It's a CVT and it seems in good order still no clunky sounds yet and I think has enough power to climb slight inclines without pressing the gas.

I hope this last me for another 5 years as this will be my daily drive to work car.

Granted my office is just a mere 10 minute drive away.

Name:  viber_image_2023-02-04_05-39-42-749.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  83.0 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 1,050 Posts
    You'll probably be bored with it LONG BEFORE it has any issues. 5 years is nothing. I have 23 years on an old Dodge Ram, and I could daily it, if I needed to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Wil B (02-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atras View Post
    I am new to cars and driving but the mechanic I hire to check the used Mirage G4 I purchased last week says my car which has 19,200 kms on the Odo still sounds fresh and feels fresh even the breaks are original but feels new.

It's a CVT and it seems in good order still no clunky sounds yet and I think has enough power to climb slight inclines without pressing the gas.

I hope this last me for another 5 years as this will be my daily drive to work car.

Granted my office is just a mere 10 minute drive away.
    It's smart to have a local mechanic look over your used G4. Sounds like a great car!

I'm not sure how many kilometers you will put on your G4 each year, but the average vehicle age on the road in the States is up to 12.2 years now.

If you take care of it, your G4 should last you a very long time! Enjoy!

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Op I have delivery drove in this thing, driven to Florida multiple times from Missouri and now I’m an Amazon flex driver. I’m just about to crest 90k and I haven’t had an issue. My father and I have really marveled at the reliability and efficiency this little car can offer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItMarinate View Post
    Op I have delivery drove in this thing, driven to Florida multiple times from Missouri and now I’m an Amazon flex driver. I’m just about to crest 90k and I haven’t had an issue. My father and I have really marveled at the reliability and efficiency this little car can offer.
    LIM - I love a good road trip. Your MO to FL trip sounds fun. If you do that again, let us know beforehand. Dirk and I (and one other guy I forget who) is in the Atlanta metro area. Perhaps one of us could ride out and meet you for dinner somewhere. I know we've said that here on the forum before, but one of these days, it's going to happen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Atras - I have a fun task idea for you. I'm assuming you've lived in Manila your whole life. This may not work if you haven't. If you have, pick out a spot somewhere out of "town." You can use google maps, and found nice places. Preferably some place you visited a long time ago, maybe as a child. But a place you've not been to in a long long time, possibly because it was a larger logistical issue you didn't care to overcome.

Then plan a time that you go and visit it now, in your G4 (with or without anyone joining you, up to you). Once you're at the place, enjoy the visit. But before you leave the place, maybe sit back and consider the logistical freedom your G4 gave you to get back to that place.

I just had to drive a couple months ago about 500 miles away (about 800 km away) in my HB. My uncle died. I went back to where they lived that I visited 2, maybe 3 times as a kid, but had not been back in probably about 40 years. After the funeral, I was sitting on their patio with the Blueberry sitting right out on their driveway, and I thought about just how easy and somewhat quick and pain-free it was to get there. From their house back to my home I grew up is about 620 miles. That 620 miles prevented cousins from really getting to know each other. If a 40+ mpg Mirage had been invented back in the 1970's - 1980's, I daresay I would know my cousins a lot better today. It's amazing what this Mirage can do. Of course, I think there was a Chevy Chevette diesel back in the 80's that probably got in the 40's. But I'm guessing it was not reliable.