Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear L400 (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Delica Space Gear L400
    Black
    4spd automagic

4x4

•  
    Details

Has some weird bmw looking grille from a Taiwan market 2005 Delica

•  

Stock

•  
    Comments: 140 / Views: 66000
    Van is back off the road...
    The other night I decided to finish wiring up the remote start. It functioned but I didn't have the wire to turn on the park lights or the one that goes to the brake light switch hooked up. So when I would use the remote start I'd have to walk across to the street to see if it was running. First world problems...
    So I found a wire on the combo switch that had power when the park lights were on and tapped into it. Tested it out, it worked as it should. Park lights flashed when I hit the remote start button then stayed on once it was running. Perfect. Then onto the brake light wire. I wanted this to work incase things went squirrelly. As I was soldering the wire for the brake light wire I could hear sizzling above me. The headlight/signal switch was smoking a bit. So that was cool! I unhooked the battery, and then removed that entire remote start setup. I found some other random add-on wiring under the dash for a toll collection thing. Put it back together and drove it yesterday, no problems. Hopped in this morning and it stunk of burnt electrical. Unhooked the battery, pulled the column covers off and found one tiny wire that comes off the headlight switch was melted. Kinda scary cause this happened between me getting home last night and leaving for work this morning and it was parked in an attached garage.

So now I gotta find out what I screwed up. I need a new headlight/signal switch now but I'm thinking something else down the line is hooped. I don't know if this was caused by me tapping into a wire I shouldn't have or?? I did try the lights before unhooking the battery today, the headlights work but I had no park or tail lights.

I haven't been able to find a schematic for a 2002 but found one for a 1999. I tore the switch apart but other than the one melted pin it was just a switch.
    Whoops...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-11-2024),MetroMPG (01-11-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Kinda scary cause this happened between me getting home last night and leaving for work this morning and it was parked in an attached garage.
    On the bright side, consider it practice for when you get an EV!

How many have we read about that have had recalls with "do not charge" or "do not charge in an enclosed space" recalls? 3 or 4 that I can think of. (Apparently even Toyota's not immune - the current Rav4 Prime plug-in hybrid is under a recall: "Do not charge in cold weather"!)

(Yes, ICE cars randomly burst into flames too.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-11-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    (Yes, ICE cars randomly burst into flames too.)
    Maybe not randomly, but it's been known to happen.

What does a person with diarrhea and an EV owner have in common?

They both hope they can make it home!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-12-2024),MetroMPG (01-12-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Maybe not randomly, but it's been known to happen.
    You'll love this ...

Consumer Alert: Kia and Hyundai Issue Recalls for 3.3M Vehicles, Advise Owners to Park Outside

Fires can happen while the vehicle is parked and turned off...
    https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases...i-park-outside

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Attachment 26401 I found a blown tail light fuse lat night. Found a blown speaker too Attachment 26402
    And some really janky wiring behind the glove box Attachment 26403
    Attachment 26404

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-13-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    And these people want to use Supercharger stations...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Found a blown speaker too Attachment 26402
    That speaker is broken in & ready to throw some heavy heavy bass. It's cut loose & ready for action.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

While I wait for the new signal/headlight switch I figured I’d get the fancy running board working https://youtube.com/shorts/H6Z23WVXb...rhTl3vFhwCEDSa
    Note the fancy pants slow close/self latch(or what have you) feature on the door itself.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-13-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I wish I could trace wires / wiring problems like you can. Electrons and I just don't get along. And man, that Delica IS super fancy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I ordered what I think is a new OEM headlight/signal switch from Partsouq through Ebay. They were the cheapest place I could find short of Aliexpress Chinesium. I placed order Jan 11, they shipped it Jan 13, and I should have it by tomorrow afternoon.

I'm easily impressed I guess? It's crazy that I can have this part delivered from Dubai to the center of bf Alberta in under a week when half the time when I call the dealer for Mirage parts they say it's gotta come from Japan and it will take a minimum 2 weeks most of the time.

For future reference, part number: MR309686

I actually was going to go with this place in BC just to support a company over here but I already commited to buy. Plus I saved at least $20 going this route. And I'll have a piece that's traveled more than I probably ever will. I assume it initially made it's way from Japan to Dubai, then yesterday it was in Italy, today it's in Tennessee. Tomorrow, magically it'll be on my doorstep when I get home.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-16-2024 at 09:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    I've ordered from Partsouq before also and was amazed how quickly I got my stuff. Less than a week also.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)