Thread: Recommended Phone Mount and Mount Location

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Post Recommended Phone Mount and Mount Location?

So I bought a 2015 Mirage a few days ago, and I want to get a phone mount for it. What mount do you guys recommend, and where do you recommend it be placed in the car?

Thanks.

Last edited by LooCfur; 12-26-2022 at 07:03 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I used to have the quad lock windshield suction cup mount along with their phone case. It worked great until the sun came up and the air in the suction cup expanded causing it to fall off the window. Also since i drive a poverty edition with no A/C when the sun came up sometimes my iPhone would stop working and display the overheat warning as it was in a black case in direct sunlight while driving.

I personally avoid the air vent mounts as im scared of overheating my phone in the winter when all the heat blows onto the back of it.
    Also I could never get the dash mounts or adhesive to stick to the mirages textured dashboard.

Instead of messing around with phone mounts i bought an aftermarket car radio with CarPlay: https://youtu.be/3752c9OlRms
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

LooCfur (12-26-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    My phone holder sits just to the right of my inside rear view mirror. Out of the way without being too out of the way. Deters thieves, too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

LooCfur (12-26-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    My phone holder sits just to the right of my inside rear view mirror. Out of the way without being too out of the way. Deters thieves, too.
    Do you have any problems with the suction cup losing its seal ever? Do you remember what mount you bought?

Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LooCfur View Post
    Do you have any problems with the suction cup losing its seal ever? Do you remember what mount you bought?

Thanks.
    It will occasionally come off in extremely hot weather, but I wouldn't call it a big problem. Here is the mount I have. Don't get too hung up on the the name on the box as this same mount is sold under different brands. I like this mount so much I bought several, and I have one in every car I own. It was about $8, but that was at a discount retailer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-27-2022),LooCfur (12-27-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Alpena 66586Z #Hugbuddy Device Holder - Black, 1 Pack https://a.co/d/2qF0tHK

This is basic but works great as long as your phone isn't too heavy with a protective case.