Thread: Socket size for wheel lug nuts - 2023 Mirage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    YEah, something's not right there...^ Maybe she's using a 1/4" drive torque wrench with a 6" long handle? Who knows. Too tight or too loose=bad time.

I'm all for do-it-yourselfers but some of the posts I've read lately regarding the reversible-ratchet function of a ratchet and having brakes fail after attempting to replace them is kinda concerning. Entertaining though but I'd rather not see someone's wheel or car crash into someone else cause they are cheap(a cheap Mirage owner?), stubborn, and don't know how to do something properly.
    We all have to start somewhere. If I handed my smartphone to one of driving students, they would make me feel stupid when it comes to technology real fast.

That's why I helped my 80 year old mom buy her first smartphone for Christmas. Helping her figure it out has made me feel smart again!

I must admit that I chuckled inside when I read the ratchet wrench post, but we all really do start somewhere. I was blessed or cursed to grow up on a farm where my dad was around 24/7. Not everyone grew up that way, & I try to not lose sight of that.

Regardless, no one wants loose tires flying down the highway!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-11-2023)