Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
Wally, do you think it's wise to post that you don't use a torque wrench on wheels as a lot of members may not be as able as you to feel the amount of torque they are applying on a wheel wrench??? They may over or under torque the nuts,,, just my thoughts, but I think we should be advising the use of a torque wrench for wheels to all members, ... As before, just thoughts,,, Sorry,,,
Well, I hoped I qualified it enough by immediately stating I always use a torque wrench when precision is required as when rebuilding engines. That should alert even the, not being rude, densest DIY that my skill levels are likely well beyond someone who is doing these things for the first time. Also, TBH, how many DIY are going to purchase a good torque wrench (forget the $100 junk, they are not worth the time and money) just to swap tires? Nobody I know would. Put it this way, if Mitsubishi was really concerned total retards might change a tire they wouldn't include their little 20 some odd inch wheel wrench, fearing wheels would fly off because users didn't reef enough on said wrench. Also, those T wrenches simply would disappear from the market because of the danger they imposed.