I went to start up my car yesterday to go to the store and everything was fine. I went into the store, got what I needed, then went back out to my car only to find that it wouldn't start.

I turned the key and the starter didn't even click, but the screen lit up and the lights still worked. I checked my battery connections and checked for blown fuses but neither seemed to be the problem, so I went into the auto department to ask for a jumper pack. The person that helped me out was very friendly, but still we couldn't get it started and he said that my battery was fully charged. After fiddling around with the car for a good 20 minutes I finally got it to start cranking but neither of us had any idea what had caused it to finally start cranking. It probably cranked 25 times before it started firing.

Anyone else have this issue before or know what it might be? Could it be the clutch safety switch sticking? Is there a battery ground that could have came loose? Why would it take so long to fire if it only had been sitting for only 15 minutes?

Any help would be much appreciated!