Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top Speed: 4.055 vs 3.555 Mirage final drive swap...

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Many moons ago, in my 2014 Mirage equipped with the CVT, I was driving on the “Texas autobahn”(toll road east of Austin). It has a speed limit of 85 mph. I was heading north, into a stiff 20 mph headwind, had the family in the car, and was just going with the flow of traffic while not paying attention to the speed. I too was experiencing the buzzing sound. It was quit loud and VERY annoying!! At one point I realized that the gap between me and the traffic ahead was increasing so I eased into the throttle a little more only to find the go peddle was already buried! I glanced at the speedo and saw 95 mph indicated. This went on for about 20 miles before the cars ahead of me took an exit.

If you took the wind noise and the buzzing out of the equation, I was very pleased at how steady the Mirage was at speed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I'm eager to see some video "research" with these scenarios!
    inuvik - I'm not sure I should put my video on youtube. The picture I attached was the "highlight."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    ... so I eased into the throttle a little more only to find the go peddle was already buried! I glanced at the speedo and saw 95 mph indicated.

If you took the wind noise and the buzzing out of the equation, I was very pleased at how steady the Mirage was at speed.
    That's a funny story. Yeah, a head wind is going to kill them. I wish we could see the top speed of the CVT. For real, I don't know if it would be more or less than the manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    ...I glanced at the speedo and saw 95 mph indicated. This went on for about 20 miles...
    Hmmm...a CVT Mirage at 95 mph. Do you remember what your RPMs looked like at that speed?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know of the Texas autobahn you speak of. I would image 95 mph is normal all day. But I cannot imagine doing 95 mph and not feeling like I'm about to be shackled / arrested.

I remember the very first time I came off pit lane onto a road course. It was Road Atlanta. And the feeling of not having to be concerned about speeding was just overwhelming.

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Hmmm...a CVT Mirage at 95 mph. Do you remember what your RPMs looked like at that speed?
    I don’t remember. It was about 7 years ago.