Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: your second favorite web site/forum/blog/social media (no adult stuff)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1) Mirage forum

2) YouTube

3) Reddit

4) Slickdeals

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.3 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-30-2023)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-30-2023)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Indeed, after Mirageforum, I frequently visit several online places. Reddit is a fantastic platform with a community for nearly every topic you can think of. Whether you're interested in technology, gaming, or gardening, there's a subreddit for you. Medium is where I often visit to read insightful articles and blog posts on various subjects. It's an excellent place for both learning and entertainment. LinkedIn is my go-to for professional networking and industry updates. It's an ideal platform for connecting with colleagues and discovering new opportunities. YouTube, just like you, I spend a bit of time on YouTube. It's a treasure trove of entertainment, educational content, and reviews. One more valuable resource I've recently discovered is the AdSpy software. It's become a game-changer for my business. It helps improve social ads, identify campaign targets, conduct niche research, and gain insights into competitors' advertising strategies.
    Last edited by Vroomman; 11-06-2023 at 02:32 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vroomman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-30-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vroomman View Post
    Indeed, after Mirageforum, I frequently visit several online places. Reddit is a fantastic platform with a community for nearly every topic you can think of. Whether you're interested in technology, gaming, or gardening, there's a subreddit for you.
    True.though I for example have stopped going there because the algorithm is that extreme by design to keep me from coming back. It just as bad as instagram and TikTok. YouTube’s isn’t that bad IMO (less than 10 channels to follow) and Mirage forum here…well nothing like it as healthy lol!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.3 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,149 Posts
    Just read through this thread. MirageForum is the only online place I haunt. Other online communication is either by email, text message or phone call. As others have said, I don't have time for all the drama and would rather avoid the entanglement. I take the bait & get pulled in all to easily...

I frequently work in uninhabited spaces and usually carry a flashlight (unless I forget...) I can't recall any times I've been spooked. One recent experience is in a building abandoned by the COVID lockdown and hasn't been used since. Never scared, but awestruck at the amount of resources spent building such a structure that was no longer being used (that's a whole big story in itself.)

Think about what it takes to build a structure. Someone has a harebrained idea, either has the cash or raises the cash by selling the harebrained idea to investors, pays an architect to design the plans, pays someone for the labor & materials to build it, all on the hope that a business plan pays for it. It's a big gamble that sometimes doesn't work out. It's not spooky, it's just a building. I usually get caught up imagining the events that came together to make its existence a reality and what people did/do in those spaces. My role is very much behind the scenes every time.

Many venues like hospitals & hotels don't always operate at 100% capacity, and that fact is often included in design planning. Those upper floors were probably meant to house guests for major events. The management won't pay for the extra staff to clean & maintain rooms that aren't bringing in cash. Usually upper floors are for fancy-pants dignitaries who want separation from us peons. I've seen some real nice penthouse suites going unused. I'm surprised anyone is able to access those floors and that the rooms were open, and especially surprised that the roof was accessible. THAT'S A HUGE LIABILITY for any building owner...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (11-01-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I used to frequent a number of forums but this is the only one I go to anymore. (Tapeheads.net, betarchive.co.uk, candlepowerforums, etc.)

current favorites (always changing):

1.) Mirage Forum
    2.) Archive.org
    3.) idownloadblog (Apple stuff)
    4.) youtube

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)