Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I Am not very knowledgeable about cars and my wife’s car died today. We are under a big time crunch now to commit to, and buy a vehicle. I am located in Waterloo, ON, Canada

Is there any hope for me in finding something under 20k all in? If that was your budget and you didn’t have the luxury to wait for the market to turn around, is there any good used cars I should be looking at, and if so. With what specs? I was going to have to stretch to 25k potentially if I am looking at readily available 2023 Mirages which I still am unsure has a better rival at that price

Thanks again for your help. We are both working low paying jobs and even 20k is $15k more than I would want to spend right now, this is disastrous for us

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/6...-396d8aa96cd1/

Someone please pick this up before I do.

2014 ES (top of the line; leather steering/shift; fogs; cruise; alloys) 35k miles for $10k.

I want this but just having purchased a new Honda Passport, I doubt the wife will allow a second car payment.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    frost - I suggest you start a new thread. There are quite a few Canadians on here who could help you out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frost View Post
    Hi guys, I Am not very knowledgeable about cars and my wife’s car died today. We are under a big time crunch now to commit to, and buy a vehicle. I am located in Waterloo, ON, Canada

Is there any hope for me in finding something under 20k all in? If that was your budget and you didn’t have the luxury to wait for the market to turn around, is there any good used cars I should be looking at, and if so. With what specs? I was going to have to stretch to 25k potentially if I am looking at readily available 2023 Mirages which I still am unsure has a better rival at that price

Thanks again for your help. We are both working low paying jobs and even 20k is $15k more than I would want to spend right now, this is disastrous for us
    That's about $15k USD. Which means a barely used Mirage that's a year or two old. You got options.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That's about $15k USD. Which means a barely used Mirage that's a year or two old. You got options.
    New Mirage 5MT in Ontario are $14,300 + freight/tax. No better value out there.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    New Mirage 5MT in Ontario are $14,300 + freight/tax. No better value out there.
    Whaaaat? Canada has the 2023 manual ES?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Whaaaat? Canada has the 2023 manual ES?
    Yup. The $14,000 quickly turns into more like $17k then add on dealer fees and the other bs they tack on like magic theft deterrent stickers and tank of gas that costs more than a tank of gas. Add more tax onto that price for PST.
    Attachment 24956

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-28-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yup. The $14,000 quickly turns into more like $17k then add on dealer fees and the other bs they tack on like magic theft deterrent stickers and tank of gas that costs more than a tank of gas. Add more tax onto that price for PST.
    His wife doesn't want a manual. So add some more $$$ to that $17,000 + more tax.

Quoting him from another thread -

"So my question is basically for anyone familiar specifically with the state of the market and availability in Canada… WHAT do I buy? Our only requirement for the vehicle is Air Conditioning. Power Locks ideally too.. oh.. right, and, automatic. I know, I know - Let me stress this is my wife’s car! And 95% just local small commuting! I drive standard and desperately would prefer this car in manual. But she never ceases to remind me I’m lucky she let me have one already "

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok, toss on $1200 CDN more for the CVT version of the ES. You'll still come out under $20k, somewhere around $18.x You should be able to swing at least $500 off MSRP, there are other dealers discounting that right from the get-go.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Ok, toss on $1200 CDN more for the CVT version of the ES. You'll still come out under $20k, somewhere around $18.x You should be able to swing at least $500 off MSRP, there are other dealers discounting that right from the get-go.
    What.would be the tax there on a $18,000+ Mirage?