Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,859 Times in 2,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    That's they way those dammed EV owners are! Right Eggman?
    Either them or truck owners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Idiot truck owners...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Overnight it seems, in the plaza across the road from my favorite gas station a row of 20 chargers appeared. IDK a Tesla charger from any other so at this point they are a mystery. The "pump" face is covered so underneath are all the details I bet.

shocked me no end because I didn't think the Falls had that many EV cars and where the charging station is located is really not convenient for the tourist trade, border travel, mass shopping (walmart/costco) or easy highway access. It's a big mystery.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Overnight it seems, in the plaza across the road from my favorite gas station a row of 20 chargers appeared. IDK a Tesla charger from any other so at this point they are a mystery. The "pump" face is covered so underneath are all the details I bet.
    Charging stations are pretty simple, about as complicated as an old-timey tire-filling air regulator with a hose hanger. Tesla Superchargers usually have some red.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    shocked me no end because I didn't think the Falls had that many EV cars and where the charging station is located is really not convenient for the tourist trade, border travel, mass shopping (walmart/costco) or easy highway access. It's a big mystery.
    It's the Falls that's the draw. That, some unused parking spaces and probably some nearby eateries. If it's a Supercharger station, Tesla owners will find it on their onboard maps and then get a bite to eat or maybe a beer from Nova Scotia.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Charging stations are pretty simple, about as complicated as an old-timey tire-filling air regulator with a hose hanger. Tesla Superchargers usually have some red.

It's the Falls that's the draw. That, some unused parking spaces and probably some nearby eateries. If it's a Supercharger station, Tesla owners will find it on their onboard maps and then get a bite to eat or maybe a beer from Nova Scotia.
    Tomorrow is my day to find out what's going on. The only eatery close, and I mean within 3-4kms is a Boston Pizza, and not a very good one, not a standalone location but in a plaza with pet food.

Even the chargers are difficult to access, you know the drill. No left turn at the light, all sorts of traffic things, not quite islands, but obstacles otherwise making it a pain. Oops, there is a small drive thru KFC/Taco Bell stand I recall in the same plaza as the chargers.

I'm really thrown for a loop with this. IDK why it is having such a weird effect on me. Oh well. I've been dealing with personal demons about other massive changes in the world so the chargers are just more fuel for the fire I guess.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,159 Posts
    Charging Stations -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...-slow-rollout/

Meanwhile, I have heard Elon Musk built 1,200 charging stations for about 1.2 billion (don't quote me on these numbers, because it was an interview where I heard this). The point is the private sector is much more efficient than relying on the government to accomplish tasks like these.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Charging Stations -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...-slow-rollout/

Meanwhile, I have heard Elon Musk built 1,200 charging stations for about 1.2 billion (don't quote me on these numbers, because it was an interview where I heard this). The point is the private sector is much more efficient than relying on the government to accomplish tasks like these.
    That article doesn't make sense. I think I can list five Supercharger stations in my travel area alone - this is also reflected in the article comments. No references are cited as to numbers.

I'll leave the government vs. private sector argument alone as it sounds like a forest fire waiting for a match lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The point is the private sector is much more efficient than relying on the government to accomplish tasks like these.
    Imagine the sound of a match being struck! The above sentence is true in likely 99% of all circumstances.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That article doesn't make sense. I think I can list five Supercharger stations in my travel area alone - this is also reflected in the article comments. No references are cited as to numbers.

I'll leave the government vs. private sector argument alone as it sounds like a forest fire waiting for a match lol.
    Pete Buttigieg was questioned about 8 charging stations being built since $7.5 billion was put towards that over 2 years ago on "Face the Nation" recently. Anyone can look up the exchange on YouTube.

I'm not saying the article is true or false.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Imagine the sound of a match being struck! The above sentence is true in likely 99% of all circumstances.
    Ugh, okay. I'll put that out for you.

Just to clarify, I don't disagree with the majority of the sentiment that you put forward. I just don't think it's as extreme as you think.

Maybe you prefer paying to use toll roads every time you want to go somewhere? I don't know.