Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,098 Posts
    .... Back more on track ....

Why would I contemplate anything OTHER than THIS S-I-C-K RIDE (damn I'm hip...)
    I took this just now as I was walking in the door.

It makes that crappy Infiniti look like sheeeeeat. I just refueled it too, and knocked out a 48.2 mpg tank!

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-03-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why should I (a taxpayer) have to pay for your benefit?
    First off, thank you.

Second, there's a collective benefit.
    1. I benefit with the equipment upgrade
    2. It helps build the installing contractor's business and expertise
    3. It helps establish the manufacturer & distributor by making these energy-efficient technologies more cost-effective than the old conventional designs (for many installations, although the cost can be recovered over time the drawback is the initial investment.)
    4. It helps other consumers by eventually making the equipment & installation more affordable & accessible.

It gives a boost to the market with the idea that the incentives are phased down & out as the businesses of the new technology can stand on their own and pricing is improved with a greater economy of scale. At least that's how it was explained to me - I could be getting it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I agree. However, why shouldn't he take advantage of it if our trusty gobment is doling it out?

I feel the same about the student loan handouts. Why should I pay or let my sons fully pay, when certain segments are going to get it for free? I'll take advantage of the free loan handouts if possible.
    Similarly, we all benefit from a more educated populace as opposed to an uneducated one. 9 out of 10 teachers agree.

I didn't say he shouldn't take advantage of it.
    You guys are confusing me I just don't know where I stand...
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-03-2024 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    First off, thank you.

Second, there's a collective benefit.
    1. I benefit with the equipment upgrade
    2. It helps build the installing contractor's business and expertise
    3. It helps establish the manufacturer & distributor by making these energy-efficient technologies more cost-effective than the old conventional designs (for many installations, although the cost can be recovered over time the drawback is the initial investment.)
    4. It helps other consumers by eventually making the equipment & installation more affordable & accessible.

It gives a boost to the market with the idea that the incentives are phased down & out as the businesses of the new technology can stand on their own and pricing is improved with a greater economy of scale. At least that's how it was explained to me - I could be getting it wrong.

Similarly, we all benefit from a more educated populace as opposed to an uneducated one. 9 out of 10 teachers agree.

You guys are confusing me I just don't know where I stand...
    I question the government paying for items like furnaces, heat pumps, solar panels, EVs, etc...

Meanwhile questioning my wood fireplace & gas stove.

I question how all money is spent, especially my own. So what I say here may not mean much.

I'll take the incentive if it is offered to everyone, but I really don't think taxpayers should be paying for individual benefits like those. Paying for roadwork for all to use is another thing. I also support WiFi for all. Not free WiFi, but everyone having access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I found something that’s more in my price range. Might be able to haul it around with the Mirage too!
    Attachment 27150
    I ended up buying that quad^ 07 Kawi 360 4x4 one more basket case to add to the fleet. It's now parked next to the dead delica lol It runs like crap. Gonna rebuild the carb, adjust the valves and hopefully that makes it great again. Then go over it and make sure it's not gonna fall apart instantly. Ended up getting it for $1000. It's rougher than I expected, and I already set my expectations pretty low before looking at it. But I can't have nice things.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But I can't have nice things.
    I feel this statement so hard... I have so much cool stuff, but the majority of it is crap that needs work that I don't have time to do, and likely won't any time soon. I need to sell it all and buy something nice like a Hellcat or a nice older Mopar, but the thought of even trying to sell it all is daunting and so it just all sits
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-04-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,152 Posts
    I ended up buying that quad^ 07 Kawi 360 4x4 one more basket case to add to the fleet. It's now parked next to the dead delica lol It runs like crap. Gonna rebuild the carb, adjust the valves and hopefully that makes it great again. Then go over it and make sure it's not gonna fall apart instantly. Ended up getting it for $1000. It's rougher than I expected, and I already set my expectations pretty low before looking at it. But I can't have nice things.
    If you get it running good, it should be a good machine for that price.

All my stuff is old -

1985 Honda Fourtrax TRX250
    1996 Honda Fourtrax TRX300 4x4
    2006 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 (400cc)

Since they run great, I still consider them nice things. I used my Mule today to take my chainsaws down into my woods to cut up a dead ash tree that fell across one of my trails. I would be lost with my machines.

We've had a lot of rain lately, & my trails are slick. I adopted a new dog from a rescue shelter about a month ago. He loves running down the trails, but I would just fall on my ass the way things are now. Tomorrow we'll go pick up a load of wood. I'm multi-tasking while exercising my dog. He's a 5-6 month old pup with more energy than me on any given day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-04-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,098 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I feel this statement so hard...
    I'm "feeling" this way too. But it's about my tools. They're mostly all crap. I don't know how I keep my fleet running as good as I do. A lot of my tools are from the 70's and 80's. About a 3rd a broken in some way and I make them do. I seriously don't know how. But I get pissed a lot when I use them, they're busted and I have to hunt for some way to get what I need to do done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-05-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If you get it running good, it should be a good machine for that price.

All my stuff is old -

1985 Honda Fourtrax TRX250
    1996 Honda Fourtrax TRX300 4x4
    2006 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 (400cc)

Since they run great, I still consider them nice things. I used my Mule today to take my chainsaws down into my woods to cut up a dead ash tree that fell across one of my trails. I would be lost with my machines.

We've had a lot of rain lately, & my trails are slick. I adopted a new dog from a rescue shelter about a month ago. He loves running down the trails, but I would just fall on my ass the way things are now. Tomorrow we'll go pick up a load of wood. I'm multi-tasking while exercising my dog. He's a 5-6 month old pup with more energy than me on any given day.
    2006 Saturn Vue, nicer looking than any box Mitsubishi now makes (or anyone for that matter), it has smooth lines, none of this elf wizard slit eye 12 beam headlights BS

2007 Burgman 400, still gets 100MPG. Suck it EV heads.

1985 Puma GT, Porsche power, rear engine, don't ever lift the throttle in a corner.

2014 Murage, still runs like it is 2015. Loaded, except cruise. Weird. ES titled but came with alloys and Climate Control.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I feel this statement so hard... I have so much cool stuff, but the majority of it is crap that needs work that I don't have time to do, and likely won't any time soon. I need to sell it all and buy something nice like a Hellcat or a nice older Mopar, but the thought of even trying to sell it all is daunting and so it just all sits
    For awhile I was Randy Rhoads in spirit and action. I had the white Marshall stack with the Randy mods and both a Les Paul and Vee. These were the real deal. All from the 60's. Add to that a couple of 100 watt Hiwatt heads and cabinets (the Pete Townsend in me)

Then 5 years ago, POOF!!! I fell down my entrance stairs and shattered my left wrist. Well the local hospital screwed up and gave me a pinched nerve quasimodo hand. It took 2 years of pushing to get it fixed. Now I am left with enough steel in my left hand to freak out Iron Man. Whenever I crank up an amp the steel in my hand will resonate and inject that noise into my signal. great. Any tube players know what I mean. Tubes come into their own when pushed to clipping, but they clip soft, not like solid state square waves.

A couple techs said with enough time, money and experimenting on my gear they could design filters to trap the signal.
    NOBODY screws around with my 69 Les Paul Deluxe or my 100 watt Marshall 800 heads. NOBODY.

So all this killer stuff sits in my studio. IDKWTF I will do with it all.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ugh, okay. I'll put that out for you.

Just to clarify, I don't disagree with the majority of the sentiment that you put forward. I just don't think it's as extreme as you think.

Maybe you prefer paying to use toll roads every time you want to go somewhere? I don't know.
    so do you think my province (or your state/county) will drop the sales tax part of the money they collect for roads because every road is now toll? I highly doubt it. Once taxes are in place they rarely get rolled back, if ever. Do you really think if every road becomes a toll and they bring in much more than open public roads that the entity (prov/state) will use the extra to enhance the roads? I bet they p*ss the extra money away on some pie in the sky BS.