Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You could run a power cord to your neighbor's house outside outlet. Get a white cord for winter and run it before snow hits ... in late August. It'll be good until what, late June? Seriously, your power bill shouldn't go up much or not at all. Why do want go and be all, "my electric bill will go up" negative about it. You're welcome.

I only have 5+ cars on accident. Not my fault.
    Great points. An ev would probably use less power than the who knows how many amazon and google listening devices the wife has all over the house. Why start complaining now. Last winter we had couple monthly gas and power bills that were close to what I paid for my Mirage. This would be a great time to get a wood stove, and get a couple cords of wood with my dodge to offset my carbon footprint
    Borrowing power would be a great idea or I could run a generator instead!

I guess I'll be up 5, temporarily. But only 2 of us in the house are old enough to drive

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    1. Charge at work.
    2. EVs are easy to drive and great for new drivers to learn on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    If I could do life over, I would have spent less time dreaming about future vehicles.

Since purchasing my 2017 Mirage, I've been content with what I have (including my 2011 Forester that I purchased used in 2013). I've lost interest in buying something else.

I don't know if I've changed with age, just really don't like the new stuff coming out, or my Mirage cured my window shopping/dream vehicle addiction?

Over-priced vehicles loaded with features that I could care less about are somewhat repulsive to me. That may have been my cure right there? Simple affordable vehicles no longer exist in 2024.

Bottom line - I feel blessed to own two nice vehicles that serve my needs quite well, & I hope my need for one doesn't change for another 10+ years.

I'm not raining on anyone else's dream vehicle. I've just lost the desire to throw more money at vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    There's very little chance my motorcycle is anywhere near that fast. But here's the thing, once I had enough knee-dragging motorcycle racing, all my need for speed went out the window. Trust me when I say, fast driving on the street is not fast at all. It's actually quite dumb. There are no corner workers on the street, and every single female has their phone in their hand and most glued to their face. And half the males do too. I'm glued to what's going on, and focused on smooth comfortable driving. Not trying to get from one traffic light to the next as quick as possible.

0-60mph: 1.9 seconds - Means nothing to me. I could care less. If it did, I wouldn't own a Mirage now would I?
    Top speed: 250+ mph ... why? It's irrelevant. If I ever tried it, I'd crash or get caught by the law.
    Range: 620 miles - For the first charge and -10 miles each subsequent charge. But even if it's 620 miles, it takes 4 days and 7 hours to recharge to get another 620 miles out of it.

Don't get me wrong. I don't DISLIKE electric cars. But when they produce one that is actually green, can be fully charged in south Georgia in 15 minutes, and is AFFORDABLE. I might be interested. But not for the 0-60 mph times.
    In response to an EV you claim you don't care for speed - it means nothing to you. But in your original post which started this thread you are interested in a V8 motorcycle.

So ... here we go. This is something I am SERIOUSLY considering. However, I'm waiting on a couple milestones in my life. But they're not too far away.

Within a year's time, I would like to procure a Boss Hoss. It is a complete ridiculous and fairly worthless motorcycle. A behmouth of a motorcycle with a Chevy V8 engine. The example below would be perfect, but I'll be shopping used, so I may not be able to get Ed Zachery what I want. And I also may just wait and see if this vehicle bubble goes away. I'd hate to spend $10k more than I'd have to.

Attachment 24768
    It appears you are contradicting yourself. Which isn't a big deal, just curious.

You do like speed.
    Last edited by Eggman; Today at 09:58 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,041 Posts
    I like the Boss Hoss for the cool factor. I consider it a big fat worthless slug as far as speed goes. It seems some riders sort of make it go fast in a straight line. Which again I don't care about. However, if you put a Boss Hoss on a drag strip, most motorcycles would outrun it. Because it runs sort of like a CVT. It's actually a 2-speed, manually shifted. I think its a transmission that dirt track cars use, but I'm not sure on that.

Once cranked, you drop it into 1st gear (no clutch), and it acts like an automatic. But it stays in 1st gear until you pooooosh the shifter lever down to 2nd gear. And the factory says not to bother with 2nd unless your speeds or 50+ mph (something like that). 1st gear will run out to over 100 mph.

The point is, first gear is sort of like "1st gear" in the Mirage CVT ... it is slow. So yeah, it's cool, and loud, and oh so very fuel efficient, but my little 600 cc bike that I raced on will make mince meat out of a Boss Hoss in every performance category. In my opinion, fast it is not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)