Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
I just finished looking (online) at brand new pickup trucks. I just like to be aware of what's out there. Limited my search to full size pickup trucks, and including 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. As far as I can tell, there is NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION trucks left at any model, tonnage, or trim package. And 40 grand is about as cheap as a truck comes these days. They're all crap. It's very depressing. You can't even get a basic truck any longer. All that is left is a Glorified Grocery Getter Warranty Nightmare. Matter of fact, I think that might have been one of Ford's trim levels.

Gloom, despair and agony on me...

However, a manual transmission Tacoma can still be had! I sure wish I could put one on layaway.
I am considering upgrading my 29 year old $387 4' x 8' tilt bed steel trailer with a larger aluminum one. I use my trailer quite often, but my 2006 Kawasaki Mule 610 just barely fits. I have to remove my side board every time I want to drive it on. If I have tire chains on, it won't fit. It's that tight. Thus, I am considering a 5' x 10' or 6' x 10' aluminum trailer. If I replaced my 30 year old John Deere lawnmower some day, I would buy one with a larger deck (the current one is only 38"). A wider trailer would be nice for that, too.

I recently noticed these are built in Wisconsin, and one of the dealers is near my parents.

https://madison.craigslist.org/trb/d...623943257.html

A $2,200 new trailer is much cheaper than a new truck. I've been looking for some time, and this is a good price compared to others. Personally, I would pick a nice SUV with a nice trailer over a pickup truck any day. Trailers are so much easier to load & unload. Some things I don't want to haul in a trailer, and a SUV is like a station wagon in that respect. I haul stuff all the time, and I would be lost without a trailer.