Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I can not say anything good about my Trax experience. The 24 Kona I replaced it with (sorry 7milesout) has been one of my favorite cars for road trips and just in general.
    Do you see yourself owning a Mirage again in the future?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I actually just bought one like a week ago hahaha. It's a used 2015 DE CVT.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-27-2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Gen II Trax which started in 2023 isn't the same vehicle. Just has the same name. GM VSS-F platform not the former GM Gamma II. Same platform as the Trailblazer. Same I-3 1.2 turbo too. Just a bit larger and five thousand cheaper and absent the nine speed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I actually just bought one like a week ago hahaha. It's a used 2015 DE CVT.
    I've lost count!

How many different Mirages have you purchased over the years?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've lost count!

How many different Mirages have you purchased over the years?
    Well, I had a 19 ES 5 speed I bought new, a 19 SE CVT I bought new, a 15 DE 5 speed, 15 ES CVT, another 15 DE 5 speed, a 15 DE CVT, and then this current 15 DE CVT. My wife had a 2020 ES CVT she bought new as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I had a 19 ES 5 speed I bought new, a 19 SE CVT I bought new, a 15 DE 5 speed, 15 ES CVT, another 15 DE 5 speed, a 15 DE CVT, and then this current 15 DE CVT. My wife had a 2020 ES CVT she bought new as well.
    8 of them in about 5 years. That might be a record!

I know you sort of flipped a few of them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I only bought one with the specific intent of fixing it up and selling it. The other ones all left for other reasons that I won't bore everyone with but if a dollar could be made I was usually for it. None of them were sold off because they were bad cars though, I really like these things.

I take that back... My first 19 with the manual climate controls I did trade in for the Outlander Sport because I hated the a/c performance. The digital climate cars seem to have way less a/c performance issues than the manual climate control cars do which was confirmed to me by two different Mitsu dealers. I believe the programming so the evap doesn't freeze is botched on those manual climate cars and it cycles the compressor way too frequently. It's why I have never bought another one of these things with the manual climate and probably never will.
    Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 04-28-2024 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Forgot something important

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I only bought one with the specific intent of fixing it up and selling it. The other ones all left for other reasons that I won't bore everyone with but if a dollar could be made I was usually for it. None of them were sold off because they were bad cars though, I really like these things.

I take that back... My first 19 with the manual climate controls I did trade in for the Outlander Sport because I hated the a/c performance. The digital climate cars seem to have way less a/c performance issues than the manual climate control cars do which was confirmed to me by two different Mitsu dealers. I believe the programming so the evap doesn't freeze is botched on those manual climate cars and it cycles the compressor way too frequently. It's why I have never bought another one of these things with the manual climate and probably never will.
    I've been fortunate then, because I've never had any A/C issues with mine (manual climate controls) going on almost 7 years. Programming? You turn the A/C on or off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've been fortunate then, because I've never had any A/C issues with mine (manual climate controls) going on almost 7 years. Programming? You turn the A/C on or off.
    Yeah, the button tells the car's computers you want the a/c compressor to run. It's not directly hooked to compressor operation. At any rate, the vehicles with the manual controls seem to be really afraid of freezing up the evaporator so they cycle a lot. The ones with digital climate have sensors that tell it the temperature of the evap and will run the compressor more frequently resulting in more cold air.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I suspect people thought me nuts when I opined the CC air is 2x as efficient as the manual. IMO. My 2014 blows my manual 2017 away. Even with the plugged core the CC 2014 cools and HEATS the car better than the manual.

The primary reason I will retire/sell my 2017 is to have the CC in my 2014.

For vehicles with I guess supposedly identical compressors and air flows there is a world of difference between my two.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)