Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I took mine in an '85 F350 Crew Cab Dually
    That there’s some major street cred.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Not me, but when I was working Fleet Maintenance for a transport company, the boss hired an apprentice. He was a great asset, but somehow our safety & compliance guy found he didn't have a drivers license, even tho he had been driving the transports all over the compound for several months. He was sent to get his test & apparently when he had to "Parallel Park" he did it perfect, but only used the mirrors. When the instructor asked him about it, he told them that the trucks he drives every day don't even have back windows, he got a pass on the first attempt because the instructor told him he couldn't even do it with the mirrors....
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-05-2024)

I bounce around the idea of getting different vehicles all the time. Still... I briefly thought about joining a cult and buying a new wrangler. There are times when I don't want to spend $500 on fuel towing the camper out for a long weekend. A jeep would be more capable off road than the van and maybe better on fuel. But at a starting price of $47k for a base 2door to $52k for a 4door, I'll pass.

I discovered that they make a 6.4L Wrangler. I had no idea that was a thing. 13-second 1/4 mile in a wrangler....
    but $124k(cad) msrp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Sounds like a HellWrangler. I didn't know they existed either. Everybody needs one of those...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I'm always on the lookout for a bargain or a "better car". I'd still want to get a dual motor performance Model S one day but I don't want to pay 45k for a 10 year old one. So that'll probably never happen.

In the meantime, I found a 2019 Bolt that had the battery replacement(with new 8 year warranty) recall done so that's a bonus.

I've never driven an ev but it seems to be the way to go after the Mirage... The previous owner of my Mirage had a Niro-hybrid and a Bolt iirc. Eggman has a model 3.

I don't drive nearly enough to ever save any money unless the price of fuel keeps going up, it's sure not going to be going the other way. At current prices $1.60/L(on average) I pay about $1100/ year for fuel in the Mirage commuting to work, and about $100-150 on maintenance(if that). Just for shats I'll bump odds and ends up to $500/year, fuel to $1500 so $2000 on the high end to drive a Mirage a lot. If I had the ability to charge an ev for free(not likely) it'd still take 5 years to pay for the car, which actually doesn't seem that bad as long as the car wouldn't require any repairs or maintenance whatsoever. I wouldn't buy an ev to save money or the planet cause that's not happening...I'd want one just for some of the features and to go fast, and be cheap to drive, in theory. Being able to hop into a pre-warmed up car in the winter would sure be nice. Not having to worry about oil changes and fueling up would be handy too, though I rarely do either of those things as is it. Having the ability to charge up at home would be nice, losing the ability to hop in and go anywhere anytime wouldn't be a problem as I don't really go anywhere unplanned anyways. And we have other vehicles anyways.

Any*****...

Here's the car. 2019 Bolt 124k km(77k miles) $21k($15k usd).

https://www.kijijiautos.ca/cars/chev.../#vip=31582917
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-19-2024 at 02:14 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's blue, I'll give ya that!

If you do buy it, tell us every little thing good or bad about the experience. So we can all laugh and/or say stuff like, "told ya so!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-19-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It's blue, I'll give ya that!

If you do buy it, tell us every little thing good or bad about the experience. So we can all laugh and/or say stuff like, "told ya so!"
    It cost's more than $1000 so I probably won't buy it. But it's been 8 months since I bought something weird(delica), prior to that woulda been the fummins

You can laugh, especially if I turn into the stereotypical granola head that looks down at ice owners lol. Then I'll hop in Bertha the 6 wheeled, 8000lb whale that identifies as a prius and drag the triple axle, toy haulin, sleeping and pooping shack down the highway belching smoke and getting 11mpg with a tail wind

I'd be hesitant to buy a late model domestic of any kind but I think the Bolt might be less problematic than Gm's other small junk heaps, expect for the battery catching fire deal. The Volt would probably be be nice too but the ones in my price range are 10+ years old and have zero warranty. If the granola people keep getting their way I'm gonna have to figure out how to work on these types of cars eventually so I guess instead of buying a $20,000 snap on tool box to hold my store brand tools I could blow that money on a learning tool/car.
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-19-2024 at 04:01 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I bounce around the idea of getting different vehicles all the time. Still... I briefly thought about joining a cult and buying a new wrangler. There are times when I don't want to spend $500 on fuel towing the camper out for a long weekend. A jeep would be more capable off road than the van and maybe better on fuel. But at a starting price of $47k for a base 2door to $52k for a 4door, I'll pass.

I discovered that they make a 6.4L Wrangler. I had no idea that was a thing. 13-second 1/4 mile in a wrangler....
    but $124k(cad) msrp.
    That's only faster than the original Hemi in a Challenger/Cuda/Charger/Bee/Runner and several other Mopars. Oh, and faster than my Boss 429. Pffftttt. Kiddie car Wrangler. Now if it has Levi's interior trim that is something else altogether.

3 months ago I nearly bought a low mile 2013 Leaf with about 20 something percent remaining battery. $1100.
    I regret not getting it. The range would be adequate for all my in-town stuff.
    Unlikely that I'll ever see another in my driving lifetime.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    That's only faster than the original Hemi in a Challenger/Cuda/Charger/Bee/Runner and several other Mopars. Oh, and faster than my Boss 429. Pffftttt. Kiddie car Wrangler. Now if it has Levi's interior trim that is something else altogether.

3 months ago I nearly bought a low mile 2013 Leaf with about 20 something percent remaining battery. $1100.
    That's cheap, I wonder if it'd make it more than a few blocks in the winter though. The old ones seem to have pretty poor range even when new.

I looked into borrowing a few doll hairs and holy crap, I was expecting to pull a couple dollars from savings then borrow the rest over 3 years. Prefer to use a loc but my one currently has a 12.7% interest rate and it looks like banks prefer to give better car loan rates if you buy from a dealer. I guess I'll hang onto the black turd and save my empties.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post

Wally - Do a search / maybe save a search for down here in GA. A few (or more) years back, they had a tax rebate of some sort on Leaves (plural of Leafs, ). And they sold Leaves down here in GA up one side and down the other. Should be lots of people down here in GA trying to dump them about now. Seems like if you leased a Leaf, the tax break almost paid for the Leaf. So they went nuts buying them here. Should be a'plenty.