Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LEAF owners/experience

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info, Karl and everyone. I will sincerely take it all into advisement! I will say driving a 2018 LEAF is like flying a spaceship after being in my 2017 Mirage 5 speed!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-27-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, did a "take home" test drive, simulated my commute and about 28 miles extra letting my wife and son drive it, and got it back to the dealership with 11% battery remaining. And that was driving eco the whole way at 65-70. Think the 40kwh is just not enough real world range for me. Temps were in the 40's so cold wasn't a factor. BTW, I know this is a MIRAGE forum, and I own a Mirage! I also know there's alot of automotive experience on here, so thanks for tolerating an EV thread.
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 02-27-2023 at 10:46 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-27-2023),MetroMPG (02-27-2023),mitsumi (02-27-2023),Top_Fuel (02-27-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Well, did a "take home" test drive, simulated my commute and about 28 miles extra letting my wife and son drive it, and got it back to the dealership with 11% battery remaining. And that was driving eco the whole way at 65-70. Think the 40kwh is just not enough real world range for me. Temps were in the 40's so cold wasn't a factor. BTW, I know this is a MIRAGE forum, and I own a Mirage! I also know there's alot of automotive experience on here, so thanks for tolerating an EV thread.
    Get the new Outlander PHEV or the old one. I bet you'd like that a lot better. The owners are just as crazy about their PHEV as we are our Mirages.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (02-27-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    ...did a "take home" test drive...the 40kwh is just not enough real world range for me
    That's pretty cool that the dealer let you give it a real-world test-drive. Given your experience, you would probably have some range anxiety in that thing during the winter.

Just keep looking/researching. The market is still crazy right now so unless you really need a different vehicle, stay on the sidelines until the market gets back to normal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (02-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Get the new Outlander PHEV or the old one. I bet you'd like that a lot better. The owners are just as crazy about their PHEV as we are our Mirages.
    But, Telsa and Ford owners think they own the best vehicles on the planet too. Except for the F150 lightning owners, a lot of them don't seem too thrilled.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

My daily commute is 55 miles round trip, 90% highway; will the 40kwh be enough, or should I get the newer Plus?
    Can you plug in at work?

If yes, what about a Chevy Volt? 50-ish miles of EV range in good weather. (Dodge Aries K mentioned it, too.) Or a plug-in Prius/Rav4?

Zero range anxiety. Suitable for many people as an "only" car.

If I ever decided to bust through my upper limit of spending $4k on a car, I'd consider one of those.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-16-2023),Fummins (02-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Can you plug in at work?

If yes, what about a Chevy Volt? 50-ish miles of EV range in good weather. (Dodge Aries K mentioned it, too.) Or a plug-in Prius/Rav4?

If I ever decided to bust through my upper limit of spending $4k on a car, I'd consider one of those.
    If interest rates come back down I'd be looking at the redesigned Prius, awd(standard awd in Canada) and rated at 60mpg. If I could realistically pay one off in under 2 years I'd be visiting a dealer tomorrow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-16-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's pretty cool that the dealer let you give it a real-world test-drive. Given your experience, you would probably have some range anxiety in that thing during the winter.

Just keep looking/researching. The market is still crazy right now so unless you really need a different vehicle, stay on the sidelines until the market gets back to normal.
    That may be the wise choice. I'm trying to be reasonable and not rush. Would like to test a Bolt, but hardly any around in a 50 mile radius.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-27-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Can you plug in at work?

Cannot plug in at work at the moment. Parking is a huge outdoors lot with no chargers around. Not on the cutting edge here, lol.