Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shes DEAD Guys :(

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    It's frustrating, that's for sure. You can carry insurance like a good little citizen, and get hit by another driver (often here illegally) without insurance, and there's nothing you can do. You have to use your own insurance to fix your car, they get a ticket. You can't sue, because they don't have anything to sue for. And they NEVER go to prison, unless they kill someone in an accident. And only then sometimes.
    We have some deal where you can sue and get some compensation if you are injured by an uninsured or unknown driver.
    https://www.alberta.ca/motor-vehicle...s-program.aspx

Driving an uninsured vehicle is a big deal. Mandatory court appearance(unless you lawyer up) and I believe the fine was around $2500. Plus towing and impound fees. I "used" a dealer plate one time but was too lazy to bolt it on cause it had valid registration, I was only going a few miles and didn't think I'd be pulled over.....Cop didn't like me using a dealer plate on my personal vehicle, so they had it towed. I had to pay towing, impound fees and a lawyer $500 to get the ticket thrown out cause I was legit. They initially told me they pulled me over because I couldn't see out the back window. Snow piled up on the slip tank partially blocking the rear window. It was clear they either didn't know the law or thought I didn't. Rosco and Cletus ended up being in the wrong that day but it still cost me almost a grand. Now I try not to give anyone a reason to pull me over...no extra blinding led headlights,no tinted windows(can't tint fronts here), no horky exhaust,not even a F@ck Trudeau sticker.

Last edited by Fummins; 03-09-2023 at 02:27 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-16-2023),mohammad (03-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMPG View Post
    the knee airbags got me good, Both me and my buddy immediately commented on how well the car took the impact though, for a thin and light car it did way better then i thought
    This is good to hear. Glad everyone escaped with minor injuries.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Schedule multiple doctors appointments this really helps establish pain and suffering insurance payouts. You deserve at least $30k.
    Only $30k? I think he's entitled to 300k and 30 pounds of wacky weed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (03-09-2023),Top_Fuel (03-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    It's frustrating, that's for sure. You can carry insurance like a good little citizen, and get hit by another driver (often here illegally) without insurance, and there's nothing you can do. You have to use your own insurance to fix your car, they get a ticket. You can't sue, because they don't have anything to sue for. And they NEVER go to prison, unless they kill someone in an accident. And only then sometimes.
    Amen brother.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ... not even a F@ck Trudeau sticker.
    That's where I'd draw the line.

But hey, if you can run a "Let's Go Brandon" bumper sticker, I'd be willing to send you one. I don't have any, but I can procure one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This thread blew up and i wasn't getting notifications. Still waiting to hear from my insurance, Been a few days and thankfully im doin alright, Michigan is a no fault state so im not planning on suing anyone, Too much hassle lol, My car should get paid off but i wont have any extra due to depreciation since purchase (just guessing here),

Im just glad everyone wasn't seriously hurt. Cars can be replaced but lives cant. Im probably not getting another mirage just because people don't see/notice those little cars around where i am. Gonna suck up the gas hog lifestyle and get an SUV. Ive had 2 g4s, a 2021 that i bought in june ish of that year used and it was nearly totaled during its 1st snowstorm by a dodge Durango that had no insurance,
    Traded that in after it was fixed. And now my 2022 is a write off. I just don't feel safe in a small car anymore :|

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 45.5 mpg (US) ... 19.4 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    This thread blew up and i wasn't getting notifications. Still waiting to hear from my insurance, Been a few days and thankfully im doin alright, Michigan is a no fault state so im not planning on suing anyone, Too much hassle lol, My car should get paid off but i wont have any extra due to depreciation since purchase (just guessing here),

Im just glad everyone wasn't seriously hurt. Cars can be replaced but lives cant. Im probably not getting another mirage just because people don't see/notice those little cars around where i am. Gonna suck up the gas hog lifestyle and get an SUV. Ive had 2 g4s, a 2021 that i bought in june ish of that year used and it was nearly totaled during its 1st snowstorm by a dodge Durango that had no insurance,
    Traded that in after it was fixed. And now my 2022 is a write off. I just don't feel safe in a small car anymore :|
    That's understandable. I tell myself that my Mirage is safer than the motorcycle I sold after I bought my Mirage, but it is a tin can with air bags.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Still waiting to hear from my insurance...
    Do yourself a favor and do some research now on what you think your car was worth. That includes going out and searching existing websites for similar models with about the same mileage that are for sale now.

I'm not saying your insurance company is going to lowball you, but you need to know what your car's value is in this current market. So if they drop an unrealistic number on you, you'll know it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I tell myself that my Mirage is safer than the motorcycle I sold after I bought my Mirage, but it is a tin can with air bags.
    My mindset is identical.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm not saying your insurance company is going to lowball you...
    They're going to lowball you.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (03-16-2023),Fummins (03-13-2023),Top_Fuel (03-13-2023)