Thread: Early fuel economy adventures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Early fuel economy adventures

One week after purchasing my Mirage I had to drive to Ohio from West Central Indiana.

I only realized I could make fuel economy logs after I had done some driving, so I only have my trip back officially logged. But here is what I recall from the MPG indicator in the cluster:

Trip to Indiana (about 300ish miles): averaged about 37-38mpg. Was very pleased with this, since a lot of the trip required going past 70 mph to not get squashed by typical American drivers. This is awesome mileage. I still had plenty of gas left after the trip.

Driving around rural NW Ohio throughout the week: around 40mpg as I was running errands for family. Rural "city" driving really brings out the best in this car! You don't have so many stops and starts that your mileage goes down, but you aren't needing to go into 70+ mph freeway speeds. You are pretty much constantly at 50-60mph. So yeah, that was great!

Driving back to Indiana: This was the first tip in my official log here. Just under 32 mpg. Obviously underwhelming for highway driving. I thought I would have plenty of gas to get straight home, but this time I had to fill up about 20 miles from home, unlike before. I would say my cargo was a factor but I had about the same cargo on the trip where I got 38mpg. It was very windy today and I was driving against the wind. I feel like that *had* to be a factor on this trip. I don't think I was pushing the Tiger any harder than on the way there.

Looking forward to actually commuting to and from work for the first time (I was off this week) so I can get a real sense of my work commute mileage.

Of course all of this is way better than my old Kia Soul (in fact, Kia had to pay me money for faulty MPG estimates when I bought the car!) and of course better than our Pacifica van (though the van can actually achieve 30s mpg when on the freeway, it just goes way down when in the city).
    Last edited by rohoGames; 03-18-2023 at 02:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohoGames For This Useful Post:

BigMW (03-18-2023),ThunderG (03-18-2023)