Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scratch in interior's cheap plastic :(

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoGames View Post
    Yeah tbh these sorts of scuffs and surface wear elements are just things I expect with every car I've ever had.

I will say, I had to buy a lawnmower yesterday and I used my mirage to pick it up. It was new in box of course, but even then, I was real nervous about scuffing my interior loading this in! It was a 21" self propelled mower, weighed about 100 lbs and was I wanna say about 15-16 cubic feet. Plenty of space with the seats down, but just awkward to push it in. Fortunately I didn't seem to scuff anything but I was certain I was going to!

Guitar is my real passion outside of what I do for my day job, and I'll say with guitars, when I get a new one, there is always that feeling of complete horror when the first nick gets in one. But it is almost good when that happens: no more worrying about it being mint condition.
    Wow a fellow guitar person.

I am into guitars too. Though I only have like 3 electric guitars right now all Ibanez RGs but I plan on getting another one soon.

And yes I feel you I am super consious about minor scratches and dings on the finish.

And just the accumulation of dust on the windshield horrifies me.

Also I am planning on going on gigs again and this makes me think I should have gone with the hatch ibstead of the sedan because it seems with the seats folded you can actually get more gear in right?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Maybe this will make the op feel a little better. I bought this thing new in 2020. I paid 20x what I paid for my Mirage. Things escalated quickly. It gets beaten like a red-headed stepchild even though it's the most expensive thing I own with an engine lol.
    I'll have to post a more recent pic. Most of the paint is rubbed off the front end from my last trip spending 3 days riding overgrown unused trails. It's only stuff, as long as it still works I'm happy.

Attachment 24949Attachment 24950Attachment 24951Attachment 24952Attachment 24953

What is that Kawasaki exactly? It looks so fun to drive. Do you need registration and license for that?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atras View Post
    Wow a fellow guitar person.

I am into guitars too. Though I only have like 3 electric guitars right now all Ibanez RGs but I plan on getting another one soon.

And yes I feel you I am super consious about minor scratches and dings on the finish.

And just the accumulation of dust on the windshield horrifies me.

Also I am planning on going on gigs again and this makes me think I should have gone with the hatch ibstead of the sedan because it seems with the seats folded you can actually get more gear in right?
    Funny you should say that- just today I fit a full size acoustic guitar in my mirage hatch trunk with room to spare! Could easily have fit a 1x12 cab in there too. Without folding down the seats! Cargo room is pretty great for the small size of this car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage BE 1.2 automatic: 36.5 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 43.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoGames View Post
    Funny you should say that- just today I fit a full size acoustic guitar in my mirage hatch trunk with room to spare! Could easily have fit a 1x12 cab in there too. Without folding down the seats! Cargo room is pretty great for the small size of this car.
    Well for what its worth my Amp is just a beat up crap Laney budget 1x12 combo transistor **** box amp lol.

Name:  20220716_043859.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  20200219_010201.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  20230327_073523.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  98.1 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Well for what its worth my Amp is just a beat up crap Laney budget 1x12 combo transistor **** box amp lol.

Name:  20220716_043859.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  20200219_010201.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  88.3 KB

I love those grey alloys.

What is that Kawasaki exactly? It looks so fun to drive. Do you need registration and license for that?
    A Teryx4. It's not really fast by any means(governed at 80kph) but it's reliable and can haul a lot of people or stuff around. We usually tow it 4hrs away to the mountains to use it. You need insurance and registration to ride on crown(public)land. On our first trip out I planned to try not to scratch it and keep the paint looking like new. That didn't last long... Attachment 24968Attachment 24969
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-30-2023 at 01:18 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Look at that red HB down the way. Did you include it in the picture on purpose?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-30-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Look at that red HB down the way. Did you include it in the picture on purpose?
    Oh damn did not noticed it was even a Mirage..

Same parking lot a week ago.
    Name:  Car twinzzw.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  89.5 KB
    Btw are the Mirage HB and Sedan have the same width?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I would think it must. To carryover things like the windshield, front bumper, etc. I mean, microscopically, even by design, they could be slightly different. But effectively in practice, I have to believe they are the same. But ... I could be wrong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    A Teryx4. It's not really fast by any means(governed at 80kph) but it's reliable and can haul a lot of people or stuff around. We usually tow it 4hrs away to the mountains to use it. You need insurance and registration to ride on crown(public)land. On our first trip out I planned to try not to scratch it and keep the paint looking like new. That didn't last long...
    Just adding to Fummins' response -

"What is a UTV?

Utility Terrain Vehicles, or UTVs, are built and used more for work than recreation. They are large, powerful, able to seat passengers side by side, and built with lots of storage space. They're commonly used to haul equipment and supplies in locations that make using a truck impractical or impossible."

They are quite popular in Wisconsin. I would say our local Honda/Kawasaski/Yamaha/Suzuki/Cam-Am dealership has more UTV inventory than the GM dealership & Ford/Chrysler Dealership have vehicles in town.

They have become more road legal in recent years, too. Registration is required (renewed every 2 years), and a plate # needs to be displayed on the back. I call them a "poor man's convertible", but they aren't really cheap. Most would be priced higher than what I paid for my Mirage brand new these days.

My Mule is my small pickup truck, & it works really hard sometimes. I can't get a pickup truck down into my property. If I am hauling firewood out, it's coming out with the Mule. I add sides when I haul firewood so I don't lose my load coming up the steep trails back to my house. My tailgate is always down to increase the box size. I'm sure I am way overloaded most of the time, but these machines just climb like a loaded mule!

I once shared I used a Mule to haul out firewood to a lady cutting my hair. I could tell by the funny look on her face she was thinking donkey/horse cross!

My Mule was also my dog bed for my English Setter. I really miss that guy! If I could change a few things in life, one of the first things I would change is the lifespan of dogs!!!!

I can live life without a pickup truck, but I would be lost without my 2006 Kawasaki Mule!

Attached Images Attached Images   

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

BigMW (03-31-2023),Fummins (03-30-2023)