Thread: Help finding fuel-pump Mirage 2019

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Help finding fuel-pump Mirage 2019

Hi all, I have a strange whistle sound from my 2019 mirage. Mechanic told me they can't tell for sure what's causing it, and the next step would be to replace the fuel pump and see if it still has that noise.

I found this on Ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/19434962996...000b96548f6a4f

it says it fits mirage 2012-

would this be the correct pump? Also, are there better places/more economical places to look for parts?

Thank you all

I posted a video on how to access your fuel pump on your other fuel pump thread. It takes 1-2 mins tops. Seat bottom just lifts straight up at the front edge. 3 phillips screws, lift plate and look at pump.
    I haven't torn a 2019 apart yet. I do know that the evap canister is completely different in 2019 than 2014-2017 so the pump housing could be different too. The ebay pump in your post looks close to the ones that I've had apart(2014-2017)but it's missing a part on the top. I can't remember if it's a pressure sensor or??? And can't tell if that ebay pump has a removable cover er not. Maybe 2019 doesn't have that sensor?

Seeing as how they're not extremely common to fail I'd give a used on a try. Car-part.com is a site that most auto wreckers use to list their parts. Keep in mind that they don't really have great interchange info for any Mitsubishi though. Some like to argue otherwise because internet...
    Often used oem parts are far better than cheapo china new parts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

llama_man (04-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes! thank you. I'm gonna look for one from a junkyard. I've replaced a fuel pump before on a 2003 VW Golf, the process seems to be the same. I'll try looking in the website you mention.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Wow...I didn't realize the list price of an OEM fuel pump assembly is $800+...

Name:  fuel_pump.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  69.3 KB

Might be time to grab a spare the next time a nice Mirage shows up in the U-Pull-It yard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I kept getting an evap CEL code on my girlfriend's '17 G4. Finally got sick of it and purchased a used fuel pump assembly out of a wrecked '15 Mirage DE I found at the local Pick and Pull. I had read these pumps can crack and I assumed that is what had happened.

Turns out somebody had the pump out before and didn't even get close to sealing the locking ring properly. It was basically hand tight. The point is I wouldn't fire the parts cannon at your car without at least removing the pump and inspecting it for cracks or damage.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

7milesout (04-11-2023),Mark (04-11-2023),Top_Fuel (04-11-2023)