Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! What is this and where does it attach?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Help! What is this and where does it attach?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9r...w?usp=drivesdk
    Attached to a wiring harness is this yellow cube has an alloy lined hole in it. I’m guessing an attachment point. There is one on either side of the radiator and the one shown is on the right hand side, from the drive/passenger vantage point. The front clip has been worked on this car and it likely they were never reattached.

Last edited by techscott; 04-16-2023 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Fixed a poor sentence

Why not just upload a picture onto this site? Or is there a min post count before doing that? Maybe my tinfoil hat is too tight but I'm not clicking anymore google drive links.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1 post asking to click a link... hmm...

Country
    United States
    Thanks

No method available to upload a picture

Sorry. There’s no picture because there’s no button or any other industry standard method to upload a picture when viewing the site from my phone. Thus the sharing link from Google Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Why not just upload a picture onto this site? Or is there a min post count before doing that? Maybe my tinfoil hat is too tight but I'm not clicking anymore google drive links.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Air bag crash sensor. Look at where the other one is attached and find the hole in the similar area on that side and bolt it down.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately both sensors are not bolted down so I don’t have any idea where the go. I assume they attach to something solid on the front clip. If someone on the forum could snap a photo so I know where to start looking. The car was just purchased from a used car dealership by my girlfriend. I noticed the dangling sensors whilst she was showing me her inexpensive, rust free car.

BTW, how does one post photos on posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Air bag crash sensor. Look at where the other one is attached and find the hole in the similar area on that side and bolt it down.

Airbag sensors attatch to the very top metal tie bar. One above the rad fan and the other on the other end. 10mm bolt holds them on. I had one come back from a bodyshop with the sensor dangling by the wires...
    I'll try to get a pic later for you.

If using a phone, I use the desktop site. Then click on the picture icon then scroll around and find the browse and upload buttons.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    I think the one on the passenger side is the one the jabs the crap out of my left bicep area when I'm reaching down in there in my funky arm reaching method to grip the earl filter. If that helps with the location.

Use your left arm to grabulate the earl filter ... approximately where your left bicep is positioned, up on that tie-bar where Fummins mentioned is the location.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Airbag sensors attach to the very top metal tie bar. One above the rad fan and the other on the other end. 10mm bolt holds them on.
    What Fummins said.

Open the hood and look down at that bar. On the passenger side, that sensor is mounted below here...

Name:  Passenger_1.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  79.9 KB

Name:  Passenger2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  88.2 KB

On the driver's side, it's mounted below here...

Name:  Driver_1.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  Driver_2.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  88.9 KB

FYI... This is on a 2015

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

daleWV (04-19-2023),Fummins (04-17-2023),inuvik (04-17-2023),Johnny Mullet (04-17-2023),mohammad (04-18-2023)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I think the other sensor is this one..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-18-2023)