Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Crap This Works Great!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Holy Crap This Works Great!!

Just tried my new Slime psi digital gauge. I had the previous version and the difference between them is the newer version claims it does not have that initial hiss when you put it on. It sure doesn't. I put it on no hiss and the readout showed 39.5 psi(cold) and thought that was too easy so I did it again....and again.All tires except one showed the same psi.All now have 38.5 psi.Car came with Bridgestone tires and the only psi recommendation shows no more than 51.Door frame says 35 psi.

But for those looking for a hassle free gauge this one works great.Name:  2.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  87.6 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  89.5 KB

"Remember to always keep One foot in the gutter, One fist in the gold"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dinton For This Useful Post:

Basic (09-09-2023),inuvik (08-25-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,731 Times in 2,134 Posts
    All tires have a maximum psi rating. 44 psi is common for most passenger tires, but 51 psi is found on some.

I currently have 4 different pairs of tires for my Mirage
    Dunlop worn out on rims - 44 psi
    Kumho - 44 psi
    Nexen - 51 psi
    Nokian - 47 psi (snow tires)

The Kumho & Nexen tires are currently on my Mirage this summer, and I like having them around 40 psi. I know the door sticker will say 35 psi, but I like extra air in my tires. I tend to run them above the recommended psi, but keep them below the maximum psi rating. That's just me, however.

If someone feels they MUST do the 35 psi, I wouldn't argue with them. In my mind, the psi fluctuates as the temperature changes, too.

"A man with a watch always knows what time it is, but a man with two watches is never sure."

I feel that way about tire gauges. I own 4 or 5 cheap ones, and none of them read the same. When I say I like 40 psi, it could be 38 or 42 for all I know. I'd rather be above the recommended psi than below it.

Personally, I like about 40 psi for 44 psi tires, and I wouldn't hesitate to do 45 psi with 51 psi tires. Even though the two pair of tires on my Mirage are currently different, I do sort of keep them the same psi.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Dinton - From where did you procure such slime?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,731 Times in 2,134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but Slime is a very popular brand @ Walmart. Most tire/tube repairs items at Walmart are Slime products.

Slime Elite Digital Tire Gauge 5-150 Psi - 20475 is $16.67 at a Walmart store near me.

There are various other types of Slime tire gauges, too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 2,141 Posts
    I've owned & used several mechanical pressure gauges (not just for measuring tire pressure...) When I compared their readings with a digital gauge, the mechanical gauges were not accurate at all. Some read high (as much as 20psi higher) and some read low.

Mechanical pressure gauges are susceptible to damage, especially when dropped. I try to stick to digital gauges when feasible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-28-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had that exact tire pressure gauge for a few years now. Works great every time. The little light has been useful more than I can remember also.

It fell out of my tool bag one day and a customer thought I had a weird weed vape or something. Got a good laugh out of that one
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Sorry about the late response as I have been to the SSA office so much I feel like I live there. I got it at Walmart for $16.00

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboro View Post
    I've had that exact tire pressure gauge for a few years now. Works great every time. The little light has been useful more than I can remember also.

It fell out of my tool bag one day and a customer thought I had a weird weed vape or something. Got a good laugh out of that one
    I just got a good laugh from that too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but Slime is a very popular brand @ Walmart. Most tire/tube repairs items at Walmart are Slime products.

Slime Elite Digital Tire Gauge 5-150 Psi - 20475 is $16.67 at a Walmart store near me.

There are various other types of Slime tire gauges, too.
    Yep Walmart indeed. It seems all the ones I go to around here are really hit or miss with everything unless you are looking for a TV but I've never cared for the selection they have for TVs

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinton View Post
    Yep Walmart indeed. It seems all the ones I go to around here are really hit or miss with everything unless you are looking for a TV but I've never cared for the selection they have for TVs
    Walmart TV's (I know their Sanyo's for sure) are usually 2-3 year old models. Which is fine if you don't want the latest spec TV. I plan to get a 65" this Xmas when they typically go on sale for $479. They're been at that price point for about 5 years now, I just haven't felt the immediate need to go with a 65. Well, my eyes are telling me it's time.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)